Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 11:06 AM

Has Anyone Else Received A Magazine Published By The Epoch Times?

I received a magazine this morning about the origin of Coronavirus and the Chinese Communist Party.

I found it scary and wondered who is sending them out? It’s not something l have requested.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8F07500-B3F5-48E9-8214-47C43FE8BD0B.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	12420  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 11:30 AM

Re: Has Anyone Else Received A Magazine Published By The Epoch Times?

You've probably had your address sold by some firm you've done business with.

The thing looks a lot like the crap that the likes of Alec Jones et al churn out as a means of selling books and subscriptions to people who like what those low-lifes push.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 11:31 AM

Not me, but I looked it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper and media extension of the Falun Gong new religious movement. The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD). For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West. The Epoch Times has been publishing in Chinese since May 2000. It is either sold or distributed free-of-charge in 35 countries, including various international regional editions. The Epoch Times websites are blocked in mainland China.

The media outlet is primarily known for promoting far-right politicians across Europe and the United States, and in particular for its promotion of U.S. President Donald Trump; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign. The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.
Use it to light your barbeque .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You've probably had your address sold by some firm you've done business with.

The thing looks a lot like the crap that the likes of Alec Jones et al churn out as a means of selling books and subscriptions to people who like what those low-lifes push.
AT, l have just looked at the magazine again, that went straight into my recycling bin and it’s addressed to, ‘The Occupier’.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-04-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Not me, but I looked it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Use it to light your barbeque .....

Omah, Yes, that’s a great idea!

I didn’t dare touch it, as it might be impregnated with the virus!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 11:49 AM

Forget about it Arty, and go back to watching the BBC news where you can trust it to be right...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Forget about it Arty, and go back to watching the BBC news where you can trust it to be right...
You MUST be joking! The BBC news once was fairly reliable but that ceased to be the case decade ago.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 12:11 PM

Strangely, I rolled my eyes and thought that the publication is so batshit crazy there must be a Trump connection... and, lo!, there apparently IS one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 12:16 PM

I haven’t received one yet Art.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You MUST be joking! The BBC news once was fairly reliable but that ceased to be the case decade ago.
I was Todger....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top