Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:40 PM

Do You Cry Easily?

Don't know why, but lately the slightest thing starts me off, reading a book with an emotional or sad part, watching Youtube video's, watching TV. I have always got chocked up at certain times, but never used to be this bad & it's getting worse.
How about all of you. Do you feel the same, or have you never got emotional?
I even cry watching cartoon films, but in that case I always have.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:46 PM

Re: Do You Cry Easily?

I seem to be getting choked up more and more frequently too. Not just with sad things either but when watching Last Night Of The Proms type programmes. Some news reports set me off as well.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:53 PM

Me too and I think it's all part of the aging process. It doesn't take much to get me started either and there is certainly enough awful news being broadcast these days.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:57 PM

I certainly do now. I think that losing my wife was the trigger and has made me more emotional than previously.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Like you Tiff I seem to be crying a lot more recently.I've always cried at sad movies, sad songs and sad stories but now I seem to be welling up at the slightest thing
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 04:02 PM

It's great that the males on here do it too. You are a lovely group of men.

I know how you feel Judd, lost my OH nearly 4 years ago.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cherie B ->
Like you Tiff I seem to be crying a lot more recently.I've always cried at sad movies, sad songs and sad stories but now I seem to be welling up at the slightest thing
Not just me then, thank you.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Yes but I would not own up to it in front of my family.
Just a thing I have always done.
But like you say it seems to be every other day now since the virus started thinking of the kids and my grandchildren not knowing if I will see them again.

Although I must admit I have been a little teary at times since my big sister passed a couple of years ago.
If I think of her, it would set me off and I would have to pop upstairs for something or go out in the garden away from the missus.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cherie B ->
Lassie Come Home always got me and then Gladiator or You Got Mail.
Now there's a weird mixture for you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-04-2020, 04:08 PM

If my Son & I are watching TV together & I get chocked up, I pretend I have to go into the kitchen & compose myself that way.

So LD, I do that too.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top