Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:02 PM

I Am So Sorry. It’s All My Fault......

...that the weather has taken a turn for the worst in the last few days!

Whilst doing my ‘essential’ shopping the other day, l bought a small kettle barbecue.

It was lovely and sunny and l looked forward to my barbecued chicken wings, sausages and a homemade burger.

I took the barbecue out of the box and proceeded to put it together. There was a bag of tiny screws, washers, nuts and a wing nut. The instructions stated it would take 30 mins to put it together.

One hour later, l was still struggling, l kept dropping the tiny nuts and screws and the instructions weren’t that clear.

One hour or so later, l just had to put the lid on and it was ready to go. Shock and horror after all the putting it together, l noticed the lid was damaged and had a hole it.

I was going to keep it but decided the hole could get worse, so l took it back and it was replaced with another.

Again, l had to go through the same process of putting it together and luckily this time, l had a good idea of what went where.

I looked outside and the sun had gone in and it was turning cold, so l aborted my plan to have my first barbecue with it.
I had to grill the sausages and fry some onions and eat them in a sandwich.

I planned to have the barbecue last night but it was dull and cold outside.

Today, it is cold and raining here... so l feel it’s my fault that the weather has changed since l bought the barbecue!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Re: I Am So Sorry. It’s All My Fault......

From past experience I know that just saying the word barbeque makes the weather change to cold and wet.

It can't be all your fault Art, I am sure others did the same! If it happens to me I just compensate with an extra glass of wine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
From past experience I know that just saying the word barbeque makes the weather change to cold and wet.

It can't be all your fault Art, I am sure others did the same! If it happens to me I just compensate with an extra glass of wine.

Twink, lt did seem like l jinxed the weather! I have the central heating on, it’s so cold.

I wouldn’t mind but it’s my weekend off from work!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, lt did seem like l jinxed the weather! I have the central heating on, it’s so cold.

I wouldn’t mind but it’s my weekend off from work!
I think I jinxed it by watering the garden, dry days for weeks then the day after I water the plants it rains. But look on the bright side we did need rain, now we just want it to get warm again & rain inbetween, preferably at night.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:51 PM

I always knew you were a wrong 'un Art, go and stand in the naughty corner until the sun shines again...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 12:55 PM

Typical. No sooner do I get my grass cut, it starts to rain and makes the damned stuff grow again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think I jinxed it by watering the garden, dry days for weeks then the day after I water the plants it rains. But look on the bright side we did need rain, now we just want it to get warm again & rain inbetween, preferably at night.
Tiffany, lt always seems to rain when l wash my hair or wash my car.
The gardens do need the rain at the moment but why can’t it just rain at night and leave the days sunny!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I always knew you were a wrong 'un Art, go and stand in the naughty corner until the sun shines again...
Barry, That’s exactly what the Judge said when he sent me to Holloway HM Prison for five years.

Then l found this forum and l turned over a new leaf!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Typical. No sooner do I get my grass cut, it starts to rain and makes the damned stuff grow again.

Judd, l don’t mind it raining after l’ve cut the lawns but not before or during!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Never mind Art, we, down south, have a whole week of sunshine and warmer temperatures next week so you can bring your new barbecue down here to cook those burgers and sausages to share ........ oops no you can’t!

Check your forecast for next week, you may have a surprise

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top