Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 05:44 AM

Handy New Camera Mount(s)

Being in isolation has meant some on line purchases.

The first one I am very pleased with, it is a cheap Chinese copy of an expensive camera mount (one fifth the price)

Basically you clamp it to something the adjust the camera so it sees exactly what you want it to then tighten one screw and the whole thing is locked into position.

It comes with a couple of accessories which allow you to fix it to something else other than using the clamp. Everything on it swivels so it is remarkably adjustable until you tighten the central locking screw when it becomes remarkably rigid. Absolutely love it.

It replaces another cheap device I have had for ages and which does the job but is far less flexible and its clamp being plastic is nothing like as strong. It is quite handy and small none the less.

I also bought for a couple of dollars a knurled handle for my action camera which could also be attached to my compact camera (or indeed any camera) if necessary. Just an aluminium cylinder with a 1/4" thread and a bit of rubber on one end.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020580.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	12260   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020581.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	12261   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020585.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	12262   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020588.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	12263   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020584.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	12264  

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 07:22 AM

Re: Handy New Camera Mount(s)

Looks good Bruce and could have many uses
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 11:18 AM

It all depends on load bearing, that is the first thing I check before I get any camera form of supports.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 11:47 AM

It is all metal and can hold my old metal Pentax SLR which is several times heavier than my current cameras.

The fact that it has only one adjustment is what makes it really good. I have only had it a couple of days and think it is brilliant and will be taking it with me when I travel (whenever I am allowed to) It is much stronger than the plastic G Clamp thing which was my previous "most useful" device

BTW I had never heard of such a device until I watched this Youtube video recently by someone I follow for his tear downs of electric and electronic devices. He rips it to pieces so you can see how it works.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top