Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:35 AM

Have l Lost The Plot?

There has been a cold wind here lately, so l put on a longish cardigan l have.
I noticed a button was missing at the top and could see where it had been. I found a similar navy button and sewed it on whilst l was still wearing the cardigan and did it up.
This morning, l put the cardigan on and l now have a spare button at the top but no buttonhole!

So where did l go wrong?

Have you ever lost the plot?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:37 AM

Re: Have l Lost The Plot?

It's the solitude and isolation doing it Art.
You'll be better soon.
Oh . . and put your specs on.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:44 AM

Most of my cardigans have not only a spare button at the top, but a spare buttonhole at the bottom... I always thought it a damned useful design feature...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I noticed a button was missing at the top and could see where it had been. I found a similar navy button and sewed it on whilst l was still wearing the cardigan and did it up.
This morning, l put the cardigan on and l now have a spare button at the top but no buttonhole!

So where did l go wrong?

Did you spot that there was a spare button at the bottom of the other side?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Yep. Many times. One memorable one was when I was playing backgammon with a few friends. One of those friends was a large bottle of bourbon. Late in the evening when I was fairly stewed and it was my turn I tried to take a swig out of the dice cup while I threw my dice into my drink and shook it all over everybody. That's the only one I will admit to.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Don't worry about it Artangel, you are not the only one!

These days of self-isolation I realise the plot has been lost when I reckon a button hole is missing and I start asking myself if I know where it is!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

So where did l go wrong?

My late Granny used to say never sew buttons on while you are wearing the garment........."Sew on Sorrow!".....Arty.... Don't do it, we love you.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My late Granny used to say never sew buttons on while you are wearing the garment........."Sew on Sorrow!".....Arty.... Don't do it, we love you.....

Oh Foxy, Why did you go and tell me that? I am the most superstitious person you’ll ever meet and had never heard of that superstition.

Now l’m really worried....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's the solitude and isolation doing it Art.
You'll be better soon.
Oh . . and put your specs on.
Mups, I think it was more the case that...... my chest was cold!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Most of my cardigans have not only a spare button at the top, but a spare buttonhole at the bottom... I always thought it a damned useful design feature...
Barry, I think that was my trouble too! I now have a gooseberry button that is all dressed up... and nowhere to go!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top