Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 09:58 PM

Feelings during Covid -19

I imagine there are many people who feel like I do, going through all sorts of emotions

I feel really angry that no one is going to pay for all this. It really angers me that the Chinese Government tried to cover it up. Perhaps it needn't have got so bad if they had spoken up instead of trying to shut that poor doctor up who was trying to alert us all, rest his soul.

When I hear of mass graves being dug, people not being able to say goodbye to their loved ones etc it just makes me feel so cross.

I don't understand why crematoriums can't hold a service outside of the building in the open air. As long as people are distanced from each other why is that any different from being allowed to go out to exercise for an hour. At least people would be able to pay their respects and say goodbye to their loved ones. It seems very cruel. I cannot imagine how I would have felt had I not being able to say goodbye to my Mum and our beautiful Julia.

I feel a sense of happiness that I'm alive and so far are all my friends and family, I'm praying that this continues.

I feel sad that no one can hug their loved ones, I'm finding this so hard as I am a serial hugger, I love to give and recieve hugs. My Dad and I are doing elbows, thats our way of displaying our affection right now.

I feel appreciation when I go for my daily walk that I can at least leave the house and I also appreciate the flowers and nature much more than I usually do.

I feel grateful for the carers, NHS staff, shop assistants, bin men, all the people who have to put their lives on the line for us. I'm humbled.

I feel disgust when I see comments on the internet that some were actually laughing that our Prime Minister caught Covid-19, even some going as far as to say they hoped he died.

I feel overwhelmed when communities clap for our front line workers, especially the first week, that was something else.

I feel fear if I cough because of a tickle in my throat.

I feel panic if someone gets too close, I even put my hand out to say stop, don't come too near.

I feel joy when I talk to my friends and family on the phone yet I feel sad at the same time because I want to be with them.

I feel guilty if I am enjoying some me time, I'm normally such a busy social butterfly yet I'm finding myself liking not doing anything sometimes and just doing exactly what I want to do. hmmm, somehow it doesn't seem right.

I keep trying to feel positive that life won't always be like this and of course I'm just getting on with things like everyone else simply because we have to.

So as you can see, I'm going through so many emotions during these fraught and scary times.

This post isn't about me, its about that I think it does us good sometimes to get down how we are feeling so I thought I'd start this thread so people can share their feelings...............if you want to of course, but I hope you will share your feelings too.

Stay safe
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:21 PM

Re: Feelings during Covid -19

I've had a long think and come to the conclusion that I never want to be near people ever again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I imagine there are many people who feel like I do, going through all sorts of emotions

I feel really angry that no one is going to pay for all this. It really angers me that the Chinese Government tried to cover it up. Perhaps it needn't have got so bad if they had spoken up instead of trying to shut that poor doctor up who was trying to alert us all, rest his soul.

When I hear of mass graves being dug, people not being able to say goodbye to their loved ones etc it just makes me feel so cross.

I don't understand why crematoriums can't hold a service outside of the building in the open air. As long as people are distanced from each other why is that any different from being allowed to go out to exercise for an hour. At least people would be able to pay their respects and say goodbye to their loved ones. It seems very cruel. I cannot imagine how I would have felt had I not being able to say goodbye to my Mum and our beautiful Julia.

I feel a sense of happiness that I'm alive and so far are all my friends and family, I'm praying that this continues.

I feel sad that no one can hug their loved ones, I'm finding this so hard as I am a serial hugger, I love to give and recieve hugs. My Dad and I are doing elbows, thats our way of displaying our affection right now.

I feel appreciation when I go for my daily walk that I can at least leave the house and I also appreciate the flowers and nature much more than I usually do.

I feel grateful for the carers, NHS staff, shop assistants, bin men, all the people who have to put their lives on the line for us. I'm humbled.

I feel disgust when I see comments on the internet that some were actually laughing that our Prime Minister caught Covid-19, even some going as far as to say they hoped he died.

I feel overwhelmed when communities clap for our front line workers, especially the first week, that was something else.

I feel fear if I cough because of a tickle in my throat.

I feel panic if someone gets too close, I even put my hand out to say stop, don't come too near.

I feel joy when I talk to my friends and family on the phone yet I feel sad at the same time because I want to be with them.

I feel guilty if I am enjoying some me time, I'm normally such a busy social butterfly yet I'm finding myself liking not doing anything sometimes and just doing exactly what I want to do. hmmm, somehow it doesn't seem right.

I keep trying to feel positive that life won't always be like this and of course I'm just getting on with things like everyone else simply because we have to.

So as you can see, I'm going through so many emotions during these fraught and scary times.

This post isn't about me, its about that I think it does us good sometimes to get down how we are feeling so I thought I'd start this thread so people can share their feelings...............if you want to of course, but I hope you will share your feelings too.

Stay safe
I feel all of those emotions too.
I used to like being alone, but now I want people I know near again, but yes, if a stranger comes near, which will only happen in the supermarket at present, I back off. It's a horrible feeling not wanting strangers to be near you. If I see anyone I know in the supermarket I do speak & I still back off.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:48 PM

This is our the start of our 5th week of isolation and we haven't ventured away from the house once. We spend most of the time in the garden while the weather is good. Indoors I can always find something to do.

Fortunately our daughter has been getting our shopping for us but now we have a weekly slot with Sainsbury's I can relieve her of that. She is very aware she has to be careful around people when out and does worry about it so I'm just thankful that she won't have to shop so much now.

It does annoy me seeing people still ignoring the Covid19 lockdown rules. It is very selfish of them with little consideration to others. All they are doing is prolonging the spread of the virus.

We need to be strong with a determination to get through this, a test of our spirit .... and we will get there eventually.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:51 PM

I am also wondering if life will ever be the same again. Something my Daughter & I talked about on the phone earlier.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am also wondering if life will ever be the same again. Something my Daughter & I talked about on the phone earlier.
It will be very strange Tiff, it will still go through my mind, wondering if it really is safe to 'get back to normal'.

We will just have to wait until the time comes and see how everyone reacts to it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

12-04-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It will be very strange Tiff, it will still go through my mind, wondering if it really is safe to 'get back to normal'.

We will just have to wait until the time comes and see how everyone reacts to it.
That is all we can do, Mags & hope all of us & our families get through this with our health intact.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-04-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is all we can do, Mags & hope all of us & our families get through this with our health intact.
I was born at the beginning of the war, that was bad enough, I never ever thought we would have to go through another frightening period like this.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 11:21 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings LQ. It might seem a self evident truth that you are far from alone in feeling like this but still, each of us can only feel our own feelings. WE can't feel those of others although we can listen without judgement and empathise. All we can do is share so good on you. For what it's worth I feel similarly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

12-04-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was born at the beginning of the war, that was bad enough, I never ever thought we would have to go through another frightening period like this.
I was born in 1942, don't remember much about the war, but I do remember rationing.
Mum & I evacuated to maternal Gran & Grandad's in Stoke Poges, when I was a baby. Dad was a sparks in a ship in the Russian convoys, luckily he came home, though many didn't.
As I said I really don't remember much about it, so to me this situation is worse.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top