Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Veteran's Day

Here in the United States we celebrate Veteran's Day this year on November 11. There will be many speeches about our valiant solders that have given their lives for their country. Each will be remembered.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm a Vietnam Era Veteran and I don't celebrate Veteran's Day. Instead of remembering the dead and injured soldiers once a year why can't we remember the stupidity of our leaders that were responsible for their deaths. When the Iraq War started I told my relatives that here we go again, another Vietnam. Sadly, I was right.

We, the people of this planet, need to stop killing each other over worthless causes. We need to stop getting involved in other country's politics.

We've adopted the habit of putting yellow bows on trees when our soldiers go off to war now. We need to be up in arms instead, before they are sent. "Weapons of mass destruction" my butt.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Re: Veteran's Day

I understand your frustration, Bob. I marched in anti-war demonstrations during the Vietnam era.... but human nature being what it is, we're never going to put an end to wars. And I do believe honoring our valiant servicemen and women is needed .... remember how badly our Viet vets such as you were treated back then??
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 07:41 PM

I agree with you both, I said the same thing Bob about Iraq, but you know men fight and women weep.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 01:17 AM

I was in the mall when it thy played the buggle was verry touching every one stoped what they were doing at was frozan in time
was almost in tears
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 08:44 AM

As long as there is 'Greed ' and the PC brigade you will never stop it.
Humans are the only creatures that Kill for pleasure, all of mother natures other creatures only kill to survive.

The next place to go to war in the name of Democracy will be Iran.

Kill the politicians and the PC brigade and we may all have a chance of living in peace, until the next Hilter, Blair, Bush comes along.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top