Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Christmas presents (what to buy when they have everything)

what do you buy relatives and friends for Christmas when they have everything, I have run out of ideas, so this year yet again, its down to the money and let them but their own, any suggestions would be very much appreciated I always tried to at least give my family one special present, but my mind is a blank,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Re: Christmas presents (what to buy when they have everything)

It does get harder every year, aitch. My grandchildren are 9 and 11 so I still like to buy the an actual present rather than give them money.
Katie loves Harry Potter and loves reading so I have bought her a set of Harry Potter books which I know she will be delighted with. Jamie loves Lego building sets so it will probably be something like that for him.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:29 PM

my 2 are 15 and 12, but they are into laptops, Ipads, Iphones, and as for the Harry Potter books they have them all, I have taken them to every HP film and the granddaughter has every HP computer game, Tomorrow we are off to see the TinTin film in 3D, and have circled the 4th of Dec for the new Sherlock Holmes film, so what can I say, The grandaughter is after clothes this year, but she is changing that quick, that I refuse to buy her any, so if she has the money she can buy her own. still scratching my head, ???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Does your granddaughter have pierced ears, aitch? If so, how about a nice pair of earrings that she could choose herself?
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 06:01 PM

For the 15 year old may I suggest a i tunes gift card, that is very popular for young people. Start from 10 pounds.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 07:39 PM

Yes my Granddaughter has those, and this year she asked for vouchers. for her birthday.I dont know what to suggest, sorry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 07:57 PM

Aitch how about something personalised with the picture of a pet/family member/favourite place.

You can do all sorts of things, Mouse mats/mugs /coaster/keyrings all at a reasonable price .

I had a mug done for my Daughter in law with a picture of her dog and cat on to take to work for coffee breaks. She absolutely loved it

I used these people but there are lots more if you Google Personalised Items.
http://www.yourdesign.co.uk/

http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/per...ed-gifts.htm?_
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 12:16 AM

I am giving my 2 older grandchildren monny there 15 and 13
the 5 year old boy have bought him a robot alarm clock and some thor things got a few more things to get
my daughter for my yongest one bought he a crystal rose
and made her a neclace
the other one some angal perfume Iam done
aitch
Wigan

06-11-2011, 12:50 AM

Thanks for those suggestions Pixie, some good Ideas there, but at the end of the day, I think its down to money and let them choose their own things, and how are you. Mollie told me of your problems and I did put a reply to you on the retiring thread, you will get there and keep your chin up its not all bad,
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 06:10 PM

I buy my sons 3 stepchildren a small gift plus a voucher. I buy the daughter-in-law a beauty type gift plus an M & S voucher.My son I have bought a voucher for 5 personal trainer sessions at the gym he goes to. My daughter will get a few clothes plus the money and I usually go mad on the two grandchildren. The boy is having 6 months free membership at the local Virgin health club and the girl, some clothes and vouchers for New Look. Done and dusted I think!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top