Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 06:32 PM

Kate on footballers

John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 08:26 PM

Re: Kate on footballers

Oh come on be fair, they're only scraping by on 200 grand or more a week!! Anyone else would be shamed into giving up a chunk, but not these gits, with their brains where their balls are.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 08:54 PM

I must say, Katie Hopkins is very brave to say the things maybe, many of us think but wouldn’t dare to say publicly.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:28 PM

but but but..if footballers have to take a pay cut, they wont be able to afford champagne or lobster dinners or pay for their new Ferrari or Lamborghini or their fine pressed tailored suit. Yeah we must feel sorry for all the multi millionaire footballers....how will they live...such a shame. (very heavy does of sacrasim their).

It was reported yesterday that Newcastle United have furloughed all their staff but are still paying their footballers their full wage.

The PFA have come out and asked that all players take a 30% wage cut to help pay the wages of non-essential staff. Whether that will happen or not we will have to wait and see.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:35 PM

Well done Katy, she's got the balls she's got the guts to come out and say what most people think.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Well done Katy, she's got the balls she's got the guts to come out and say what most people think.
And she is not wrong - in my opinion.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
but but but..if footballers have to take a pay cut, they wont be able to afford champagne or lobster dinners or pay for their new Ferrari or Lamborghini or their fine pressed tailored suit. Yeah we must feel sorry for all the multi millionaire footballers....how will they live...such a shame. (very heavy does of sacrasim their).

It was reported yesterday that Newcastle United have furloughed all their staff but are still paying their footballers their full wage.

The PFA have come out and asked that all players take a 30% wage cut to help pay the wages of non-essential staff. Whether that will happen or not we will have to wait and see.
I doubt it Dodge, once you get in that league ( no pun intended)
You mutate into Richard Branson clones!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇😇
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:02 PM

Couldn't give a monkey's armpit - that made me chuckle.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I must say, Katie Hopkins is very brave to say the things maybe, many of us think but wouldn’t dare to say publicly.
If I was in the public eye, I'd be letting rip. Once I get the bee in my bonnet, the shyness goes, soapbox comes out and I can really let rip if I've a mind to

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:34 PM

The PFA have just released this statement which is on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Just goes to prove the PFA are also an utter disgrace to say that if players were to take a pay a 30% cut it would affect the NHS due to the tax that would be lost on the money and that is something the government do not want at this time right now. I like watching football but what the PFA have said makes me very angry that they are using the NHS as justification to not take a pay cut. Utter disgrace.

Just read this as well, more teams are furloughing their employees but still paying their players full wages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52165826

Clubs are not doing themselves any favours here. Many premiership players earn £80,000 to £200,000 a week whilst many non playing staff just get minimum wage.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The PFA have just released this statement which is on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Just goes to prove the PFA are also an utter disgrace to say that if players were to take a pay a 30% cut it would affect the NHS due to the tax that would be lost on the money and that is something the government do not want at this time right now. I like watching football but what the PFA have said makes me very angry that they are using the NHS as justification to not take a pay cut. Utter disgrace.
Agreed. Using the money from their paycut would obviously mean that club workers would not only not be paid from the public coffers (thus saving public expenditure), but also pay tax on their earnings; some of which going to the NHS as per usual.

I thought that footballers were supposed to be, by definition, team players. Curious that they don't seem to recognise that the very people who pay their wages via a variety of ways are also members of the same somewhat larger team that they are in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top