Join for free
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 04:50 PM

Miss Scarlett & The Duke

First episode last Tuesday on Alibi.

Here's the synopsis:
Brand new to Alibi, the home of the very best crime television drama, is this full-throttle TV series about the first-ever female detective in Victorian London starring Kate Phillips (Wolf Hall, Peaky Blinders) and Stuart Martin (Babylon, Jamestown). When Eliza Scarlet’s father dies, he leaves her penniless, but she resolves to continue his detective agency. To operate in a male-dominated world, though, she needs a partner... step forward a detective known as the Duke. With lavish period detail, captivating characters and ingenious mysteries, Miss Scarlet and the Duke is bound to be your new favourite detective drama.

It was OK, hardly "full throttle" though. We recorded it to watch later the same evening.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:14 PM

Re: Miss Scarlett & The Duke

I've just seen it advertised tonight but I haven't got alibi channel because I'm on Freeview. Advert looks good though.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Sorry, her voice is soooo irritating!

Why is she not wearing mourning dress?

I'll watch it a bit longer but, it's not a patch on Murdoch, Dr Blake, Frankie Drake or Miss Fisher...

The title music was very like "Gentleman Jack" which gave me a little hope.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry, her voice is soooo irritating!

Why is she not wearing mourning dress?

I'll watch it a bit longer but, it's not a patch on Murdoch, Dr Blake, Frankie Drake or Miss Fisher...

The title music was very like "Gentleman Jack" which gave me a little hope.
Ah, yes! I thought it sounded like something I'd heard in the recent past.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top