Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:39 PM

Elderly abandoned in Care Homes in Spain.

I was really upset to learn on the BBC news channel that the Spanish Army working in conjuction with medical authorities in Spain (didn't mention which region) were visiting Care and Nursing homes and were horrified to find the elderly residents either dead or lying in their beds at some of them, completely abandoned in care homes!!
No management, no staff, all of these heartless disgraceful people just left these poor, defenceless residents to their fate.
No family would have found them because they were banned from visiting them, so if the army hadn't visited when they did, God alone knows what they would have eventually come upon.

I noted that they said care home(s), so it looks as though wherever they were, they were under the same management. The Spanish government say they are investigating and WILL get to the bottom of the matter.

What utterly vile people to have done such a thing! Surely they could have made a phone call to tell someone at the very least, rather than just abandon them to die.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:45 PM

Re: Elderly abandoned in Care Homes in Spain.

SG, l heard it on the news, how callous of them to leave the patients and not even contact anyone.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:50 PM

That's terrible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:54 PM

That's shocking!

Those poor, poor people
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:14 PM

Have just finished reading an article on this. Truly horrible. I hope heads roll for it.
This virus is certainly showing up a lot of people's true colours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eur...nNYJVtpGoQyqvA
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:15 PM

Not nice, but when it's you or them it becomes a case of better you than me.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:17 PM

What a load of poxy horrible people the owners, managers and staff of those homes are. I hope they are caught and the full force of the Law falls on them like a thousand tons of bricks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
What a load of poxy horrible people the owners, managers and staff of those homes are. I hope they are caught and the full force of the Law falls on them like a thousand tons of bricks.
Me too! It's bad enough being in a care home without being left to die!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not nice, but when it's you or them it becomes a case of better you than me.
Even with all the deaths you could be forgiven thinking maybe the staff all died but even in dire straits there is usually compassion to alert somebody.

A 'you or me' may be your philosophy but surely something like an anonomous phone call to the police would have been a kinder thing to do. These old people were falsely deemed as "nonessential". Nobody is nonessential.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
But what laws will those who did a runner, even if they can be identified, have broken? At most civil law, and even that depending on any contract under which those "in care" and what was to be included. Plus don't overlook this is reported as being in Spain.

Y'know that country where bulls are publicly tortures to death and - well check THIS out for starters. https://tinyurl.com/y3xkbywe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top