Join for free
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:48 PM

CoronaVirus promotions

OK, so no one's promoting the virus, but they're using CoronaVirus as a reason to send promotional texts and emails to tell us how wonderful they are. Today started with a text from EE stating (amongst other things) I can call 111 free of charge (wasn't that always the case?). Emails from my bank, my energy supplier and the post office (how did they get my name and email addy?) letting me know they are thinking of me in these difficult times ... and details of their current special offers.

I wish they wouldn't. It doesn't make me feel any better.

Have you received any such uncharacteristic messages of late? And I don't mean spam, I'm quite sure they are who they say they are.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Re: CoronaVirus promotions

Yes dood I’ve had the same emails and texts .
Surely email addy would have been given by you although you might well have forgotten .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Yes dood I’ve had the same emails and texts .
Surely email addy would have been given by you although you might well have forgotten .
I'm sure you're right Zuleika.

The PO never sent me an email before, and now they do, at this time, I find a little sneaky and creepy.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm sure you're right Zuleika.

The PO never sent me an email before, and now they do, at this time, I find a little sneaky and creepy.
No,no don’t get paranoid . Was it an actual Post Office email ? Or a Royal Mail one ?
I’ve also had one from Hermes delivery and Amazon .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:45 PM

I’ve also received the text from EE saying I can call NHS and 111 free of charge.

I haven’t received any emails from the PO though...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
OK, so no one's promoting the virus, but they're using CoronaVirus as a reason to send promotional texts and emails to tell us how wonderful they are. Today started with a text from EE stating (amongst other things) I can call 111 free of charge (wasn't that always the case?). Emails from my bank, my energy supplier and the post office (how did they get my name and email addy?) letting me know they are thinking of me in these difficult times ... and details of their current special offers.

I wish they wouldn't. It doesn't make me feel any better.

Have you received any such uncharacteristic messages of late? And I don't mean spam, I'm quite sure they are who they say they are.
I've had loads d00d, all the ones you mentioned and even one wanting to sell me virus protection for my computer.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Hi

I am getting some amazing offers for Airport Parking.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am getting some amazing offers for Airport Parking.
Ha ha nice one Swim.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top