Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Have You Ever Been Banned From A Pub?

I have! Yep, little ol’ innocent me!

I used to visit a pub with my two sisters. The landlady there was a right hard-case who loved the men and didn’t like women going in there.

She had long hair and one week when we went in there, she’d had it cut.
I said, ‘Oh you’ve had your lovely long hair cut, what a shame’.
She turned to me with a snarling expression and said in her deep cigarette ruined, northern voice.

‘There’s nowt worse than seeing an older woman with long hair from the back and she turns round showing an old face’.

I apologised and said, l was sorry, l didn’t mean it in a horrible way.

She shouted, ‘Get out, you’re barred’!

Years later, l saw her and we started to chat. I reminded her about the time she barred me from her pub.
She didn’t remember and seemed quite shocked that she had done such a thing.

So l ask, have you ever been barred from a pub or anywhere else?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Have You Ever Been Banned From A Pub?

Nope.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:24 PM

No but I have banned a few people when I ran a pub including a girl who drank until she was sick in my loo I presented her with a mop/bucket and disinfectant and when she had cleaned up banned her
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have! Yep, little ol’ innocent me!

I used to visit a pub with my two sisters. The landlady there was a right hard-case who loved the men and didn’t like women going in there.

She had long hair and one week when we went in there, she’d had it cut.
I said, ‘Oh you’ve had your lovely long hair cut, what a shame’.
She turned to me with a snarling expression and said in her deep cigarette ruined, northern voice.

‘There’s nowt worse than seeing an older woman with long hair from the back and she turns round showing an old face’.

I apologised and said, l was sorry, l didn’t mean it in a horrible way.

She shouted, ‘Get out, you’re barred’!

Years later, l saw her and we started to chat. I reminded her about the time she barred me from her pub.
She didn’t remember and seemed quite shocked that she had done such a thing.

So l ask, have you ever been barred from a pub or anywhere else?

Well,all I can say is....she probably felt threatened by you and your sisters.....good looking girls!.

Nope,Art,I have never been banned from a pub......as far as I know....I've had a lot of fun in them though....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:31 PM

I have never been banned, as an individual, from any public house .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No but I have banned a few people when I ran a pub including a girl who drank until she was sick in my loo I presented her with a mop/bucket and disinfectant and when she had cleaned up banned her
Hard lesson to learn, but needed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:38 PM

No - never.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:44 PM

I had, only had a bitter lemon! I wasn’t a drinker as l have always driven everybody else.

She had a toyboy and l think we were a threat??
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:02 PM

No, never banned from a pub as being teetotal I hardly ever frequented them. However, a group of us leather-clad 'rockers' were banned from a coffee bar and also from a transport café. That was for all of us banging on the table in tune to 'Bits and Pieces' by the Dave Clarke Five. Also another record by them, 'Glad All Over', brought the same response. It was the gap in the lyrics where the beat continued that invited banging on the table with fists in time to it.

Both these sound quite tame when considering today's music with the booming bass notes, when played on modern devices, but that was in the mid-1960s!

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:07 PM

No, never been banned from a pub.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top