Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:30 PM

Job Losses & Closures

Through the Corona Virus, many people are now in stressful positions having now income to pay Rent,Mortgages and living costs.
The Government has promised to help financially but this will take time to implement,and will go to big Companies first.
The lower paid and self employed and Part time workers are forgotten as usual.

If there is such a shortage of staff in Police Force ,Hospitals,
Schools.etc,why can't all these unemployed people help out?

And, another thing if you phone the local Councils especially Sought Glos,Re; Tax or other matters, you can wait all day, unless you phone early in the morning, as they are always busy and Please go on line.
They obviously need many more staff.

Cash payments are urgently needed now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Re: Job Losses & Closures

I just don't see how all this is going to work. Despite all the promises, no one has given a single telephone number to ring.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just don't see how all this is going to work. Despite all the promises, no one has given a single telephone number to ring.
And if they did a team of robots would answer after the music
stopped? ☹️☹️

Donkeyman!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:26 PM

Of all the times!

My youngest daughter who lives and works in London is starting a new job next week.
She is currently working her notice out in her current job with a top company in Mayfair. They have all received an email asking the staff to voluntarily work for no pay for the next three months or be laid off.

Concerned about her new job, she rang them and they said they are looking forward to her starting next week. That was a relief for her!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And if they did a team of robots would answer after the music
stopped? ☹️☹️

Donkeyman!
You are 7,489,983.637 in the queue..... please hold.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-03-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Of all the times!

My youngest daughter who lives and works in London is starting a new job next week.
She is currently working her notice out in her current job with a top company in Mayfair. They have all received an email asking the staff to voluntarily work for no pay for the next three months or be laid off.

Concerned about her new job, she rang them and they said they are looking forward to her starting next week. That was a relief for her!

That's good news Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's good news Art.
Isn’t it? Longy.

She is very sad that the proposed leaving do has had to be cancelled and she won’t be able to say, Goodbye to her work colleagues that she liked very much.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 06:41 PM

My daughter just completed her first couple of days training to work in the restaurant section of M&S at the Trafford Centre. They've just contacted her to say that they've had to (temporarily)close this down but, bless them, they have relocated her to start at our local store.

Am mightily impressed with this, and presumably they've managed to keep on or relocate the existing staff. All credit to them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 08:59 PM

Hi

The banks are starting to close their call centres, they are huge things and confirmed cases mean the entire place has to be disinfected.

There are also starting to be problems with cash machines starting to run out of money.

Thre is plenty of cash but a shortage of delivery drivers.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:13 PM

People nowadays can so easily get in a right financial muddle. Then expect to be bailed out.

Call me oldfashioed, but I've never borrowed a penny, other than a mortgage, have always had a bit of cash stashed away for emergencies, have never lived beyond my means.

Some good may come out of all this yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top