Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Yorkshire Puds

During a recent clear out, I've lost my trusted recipe for YP. Found another one which calls for 2 eggs, 1/2 pint milk and 6 oz plain flour......I'm sure I only put one egg in before

Anyone else got a good recipe for this?

And yes, I will always work in ounces and not grams
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Re: Yorkshire Puds

I always use M&S ones orSainsbury's, now adays.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 01:26 PM

I do prefer to make my own though
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Hi Carmen I only use one egg , I don't measure the ingredients having made them for so many years.
They always come out well .
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

30-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks Meg yes, I think I'll use the one egg, two might not make it rise as well, and I do like a nice puffed up YP
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 02:24 PM

I don't use milk in Yorkshire puddings (only in pancakes). I never bother to measure ingredients for Yorkshires and use one or two eggs depending on how manyYorkshires I need. My way of doing Yorkshire pudd. for about 4 people is:- 2 eggs, strong plain flour, salt, pepper, cold water(no milk). Just add enough flour to make a sort of dough when mixed with the eggs. Then gradually add water in and beat vigourously as you add the water until you have a mixture about as thick as medium thick custard. Then put mixture into the fridge for at least an hour. Preheat the oven to about 190 degrees. Add dripping/lard or hard oil to the pan and melt until sizzling. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and cook quickly until fluffy and golden. This way of doing them works quite well for us.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Hi Rena I use a mixture of milk and water, 2 parts milk to one of water then enough liquid to make the batter the consistency of double cream . I find adding a little water makes the batter crisper/lighter than with all milk but I have never used all water.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

30-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Did anyone else eat yorkshire pudding as a pudding with golden syrup when they were children yum...

I also like Apple Batter pudding which is a poor man's version of Clafoutis .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Thanks Meg yes, I think I'll use the one egg, two might not make it rise as well, and I do like a nice puffed up YP
The secret to getting crispy, puffed up Yorkshire Puds is to make sure the fat you are pouring the batter into is sizzling hot and do not to open the oven door until they are ready!

Mmm ..... I could just eat a Pud now!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Did anyone else eat yorkshire pudding as a pudding with golden syrup when they were children yum...

I also like Apple Batter pudding which is a poor man's version of Clafoutis .
I've never had Apple Batter, Meg ...... is that made similarly to Toad in the Hole?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top