Join for free
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:22 PM

The purse

Today I walked past a car parked half way across the pavement. I noticed there was a purse on the centre armrest. I knocked at the door and confirmed that it was their car. I told her about the purse. She said she would get it later. That was about 10:00 am.

I walked the dogs again later, about 2:00 pm. The purse was still there. I think I did the right thing. Maybe one of the plus things is that we live in a cul-de-sac so not many pedestrians.

I'll check again tomorrow................
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:34 PM

Re: The purse

Tuts..... honestly its just inviting crime isnt it. Silly woman will be upset if she is robbed... daft not to take precautions.

You did your best Beso
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Tuts..... honestly its just inviting crime isnt it. Silly woman will be upset if she is robbed... daft not to take precautions.

You did your best Beso
Thank you summer. There may be nothing of value in the purse but a thief wouldn't know. But, it's a nice looking purse in a nice car in a nice neighbourhood.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 07:13 PM

I agree what Summer said, very inviting for a thief. This day and age you just don't do that.

Good on you for at least trying, you did your bit the rest is up to her.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 07:38 PM

Yes you did the right thing Besoeker.
I often tell people in supermarkets that leave their handbags open on their trolleys & leave them there while they go to fetch groceries, to look after them as anyone could steal them, I have my shopping bags stolen once, nothing in them, but the thief probably thought there was a purse or bag in them, there wasn't, it was in my pocket. I was mad though as I had to buy more.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:55 AM

Perhaps they want the car broken into or stolen for the insurance.

Many many years ago I left my HK Holden unlocked in the club's car park for many nights in the hope that someone would steal it. In the end I had to take it home and sell it for parts. It was all very disappointing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:36 AM

Some people would smash a car window to steal tuppence!

This lady was irresponsible and asking for trouble.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Well, the purse has gone.And the car not broken into.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top