Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 07:57 PM

A few photos from today's travels

Work took me into the Lakes today and as it was such a beautiful day I couldn't resist stopping and taking one or two photos.
This one was taken en route to Loweswater. I'm not naming the fells in case I'm wrong!

This one is of Skiddaw taken en route to Caldbeck.

This one was taken with mobile of a double rainbow over the Scottish side of the Solway 2 days ago.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Re: A few photos from today's travels

Great photos Marian, stunning scenery and a lovely sunny day. I keep going back to your first pic, it looks so peaceful there with the cows relaxing in the field.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Lovely photo's. Drove up that way a few week back.
My sister lives in Australia. She loves to visit our country side, when she comes over. She misses the greenery of Britain. It's very different out their. You can drive for miles and just see the same trees. Though I did like Australia when we visited.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Absolutely stunning. I needed a bit of fresh air.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:49 PM

Lovely photos of beautiful scenery. Must make your journey to work worthwhile
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Great photos Marian, stunning scenery and a lovely sunny day. I keep going back to your first pic, it looks so peaceful there with the cows relaxing in the field.
Thanks Mags. I like the first one as well and keep thinking I must actually walk up those fells one day
marpaul
North Cumbria

28-10-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
Lovely photo's. Drove up that way a few week back.
My sister lives in Australia. She loves to visit our country side, when she comes over. She misses the greenery of Britain. It's very different out their. You can drive for miles and just see the same trees. Though I did like Australia when we visited.
Thanks Shaz. My sister's exactly she same..she also lives in Australia (Perth) and loves the greenery over here. She came to visit last year and did lots of walking
marpaul
North Cumbria

28-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Absolutely stunning. I needed a bit of fresh air.
Thanks Molllie, glad you got your fresh air!! More photos will follow now that I am into the swing of it!!

Merz, yes seeing this lovely scenery makes work worthwhile and in complete contrast I had to go to Carlisle in the evening rush hour traffic and it was bumper to bumper!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 10:12 PM

My sister lives in Perth to.
marpaul
North Cumbria

28-10-2011, 11:05 PM

ha ha I had a strange feeling that you were going to say that. I've been there a few times and know what you mean about driving for miles and miles and seeing the same trees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top