Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 07:22 AM

Clean up Friday

Good morning people

The darkness of night is still around which is more than be said for the Birds although we did here a couple Owls on our walk.
It is dry at the moment with a temperature of 11 degrees so it made for a pleasent walk.

Plans for today, Oh! Friday is clean up day so my study desk could see the light of day again. Lunch is at home, most likey Fish on the menu then the afternoon is free to do whatever we want.

Meg, I hope you are feeling better today than you did yesterday.

Have a great day everyone and remember not to feel lonely, you have friends here to help you through the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlcW_lKPl4
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Re: Clean up Friday

We have had such rain for at least 48 hours non stop, with bad mist across the fields. But today has woken up with dry weather, the sun is shining, and all is well with the world.
Enjoy what you do today busy weekend ahead in preparation for haloween.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 09:47 AM

Morning Bob, Shirley and all to follow...

Bright and cold here this morning so will enjoy the walk with Oscar later. Just back from the vet's, where Alfie has had his second injection, so he can go for walkies with us in seven days time...

Fish and chip lunch for us as well today, and hopefully the wall tiler will finish the bathroom by mid afternoon, just the plumbers to come in then for a day and we'll be able to get straight again...we hope...

Have a good day everyone.

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Hello everyone!

Lovely bright day here, although fog was forecast for the morning but I haven't seen any trace of it.

Cleared up a load of wet and soggy leaves from the garden after yesterday's continual rain. It's surprising to see a few of the flowers still in bloom - fuschia, pansies, dianthus, nerines, montbretia, begonias and cyclamen.

Meg, I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
AB, a perfect song, thanks I enjoyed that
Barry, I hope you get your bathroom finished today...
Shirley, pleased to hear you have sun also!

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead, friends
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 12:41 PM

I think its clean up day every day here with Callum making trails of mess ..But its Friday and i have had a mammoth clean turned all the conservatory inside out and hoovered and dusted everywhere ..Cleaned some windows and thrown away some of callums old smelly bones he was hoarding..I still have to fill my bird feeders up thats next on my agenda..Its feed the bird day in the uk tommorow so i must make sure my feeders are full..The washing machine is on load 3 and i still have 2 piles left !!!Being their are only two people and one messy dog not quite sure where it comes from..As i wash every day of the week..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 12:43 PM

Good afternoon all, bright and sunny here today, a bit nippy but what can you expect for late october. I fiddled around all day yesterday with the video camera until I got it right, I know it's no big deal to you lot but it is to me, I can't even use her mobile phone, so this was quite an achievement for me, now I'm fully functional and snapping everything that moves, watch out Portland Bob.
Enjoy the sunny day Shirley, I know how it feels after all that rain.
Smile,there's cameras everywhere in the hands of idiots like me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 12:47 PM

A rather late good morning all the sun is shining and everywhere looks better after the first real rain to fall for many months . We now have a stream again though I fear many of the small water creatures will have perished in the drought.

Thank you Mags still feeling rough and the cold has moved to my chest . I have just made a batch of soup which should help .

Have a pleasant day everyone
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Good morning from across the pond. I saw where Europeans have come through with fixing the economy. I'm glad because that caused the American stock market to skyrocket and get back some of my lost retirement funds. I've stuck out a pretty rough ride these past weeks so I think I'll just let it sit there for a while longer. If I ever get back to zero I might pull it all out and bury it in the backyard. LOL

Have a great day all. Rain here.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 04:09 PM

Hi everyone! The cold front is definitely here: a bit after 11 am and although brilliant blue skies are here, it's only 8℃ (45℉) a real shock to the system after the milder weather!! I'm not a cold weather fan and was only outside to pick the grass very quickly and zip back indoors in the warmth. Methinks soup here too,something hearty to stick to the ribs.

Meg, hope the soup helps! Bob, yes, great news about the market, my stocks are all up nicely. Jem, sounds as if you're really having fun with the new toy .. does it do only video or still pics also?

Stay warm and dry, people!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2011, 04:59 PM

This little gadget does video's and very clear still pictures Eileen, it's so small it fits into the pocket of my shirt and you wouldn't know it was there, it came with 2 batteries (1 spare) and they cost about 36 euros each, also a 2 gb memory card, HD cable to your computer, HD cable to the TV, and all for 80 euros, I couldn't pass that up. I know the novelty will wear off, but in the meantime I'm having great fun with the two boys and the video camera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top