Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 07:19 AM

Full day Thursday

Good morning everyone

Dark damp and cold again here with only the lumps of metal for company on our morning walk. It is surprising how many airplanes go across our skies every day.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Stay watching them as they move about, clicking on one brings up the information about it.

Plans for today are a quick visit to Aldi and Matalan before coffee and crumpets, sort out of stuff for the air ambulance people then Lunch at some local estabishment. The afternoon is to be filled with relaxation and a few exercises before and evening of entertainment with friends.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget that 'someone' who needs your attention.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 09:03 AM

Re: Full day Thursday

Good morning AB and all to follow

It's raining steadily here on this gloomy morning but it's still quite mild for the time of the year.

I have to go out shortly to do a bit of shopping, hoping I can dodge the rain. Other than that it will be pottering around the house doing this and that.

That's an interesting flight map AB, it's surprising how many aircraft are in the sky at a time!

Have a pleasant day everyone!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 09:19 AM

Woe is me , it is cold ,dark and wet and my cold has worsened, I feel like death . I have caught it from my son so it is a 'man cold' and they as we all know are the worst kind

I would have liked to have stayed in bed a little longer but Chloe was standing by the bed at 7am in the half-light giving her throaty growl which translated means 'can I have my breakfast and early stroll now please' . She has a tummy problem (reflux) which means she has to have food at regular intervals so she is used to a fixed routine.

I am going to cheer the day up with the scent of home made bread, the bubbling yeast is waiting for me in the kitchen.

Enjoy your day everyone...

AB we get a lot of fighter aircraft going over here en route for the Brecon Beacons . They are so loud sometimes they take your breath away.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Oh dear, sorry you feel so rotten Meg We appear to be in the 'cold' months now, there are so many people around with the sniffles and coughing fits at the moment. I go round the supermarket holding my breath some days when the store is alive with coughs.

Stay warm, try to rest and take some medication to relieve it. I hope it won't last too long.. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear, sorry you feel so rotten Meg We appear to be in the 'cold' months now, there are so many people around with the sniffles and coughing fits at the moment. I go round the supermarket holding my breath some days when the store is alive with coughs.

Stay warm, try to rest and take some medication to relieve it. I hope it won't last too long.. x
Thanks Mags my son had it last week, all the babes and there Mummy have it now so we are knee deep in tissues and worse
The house reeks of Olbas oil
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 10:00 AM

Oh what a change today has brought it was very dark this morning up until 9.30 it has been raining all night and still raining now going to stay curled up with a good book i think
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Good Morning all, it's a lovely sunny day here in Dublin so far, and God knows we needed it after that terrible non stop rain.
I bought myself a new toy, a pocket HD video camera that was on special offer and I'm going to mess around with it all day long, with the exception of a lunchtime visit to the pub.
Hope your cold won't last long Meg.
Enjoy your day Folks.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Good Morning AB and All Many thanks for the link AB - planes are the bane of our lives where I live! We are on the direct flight path into the Glasgow Airport and there is one either coming in (depending on the wind direction) every 2 mins! The Emirates plane comes in that low you can practically see the pilot!! When the sky is clear with no clouds, the airforce jets can be seen flying and sometimes the white exhaust (or whatever it is called) can be seen and if there are a couple of them flying, they make the Saltire flag (flag of Scotland)

Another very wet day so far but hope it clears up later.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Take care.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 10:59 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry from a wet and miserable Sherwood, but we are not downhearted as we have just been shopping for bathroom accessories, what joy.....

Sorry to hear you feel a bit rubbish Meg, keep taking the medecine and don't ride your bike.... here's something that may cheer up you and your son.

Have a great day all and stay dry if you can..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->

. here's something that may cheer up you and your son.
Barry
thanks Barry that is defiantly what I have.

Just looked up from the PC and noticed with shock the sitting room floor is covered in confetti ...

Mmmm not confetti after all Chloe has found my tissues in the waste bin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top