Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 09:37 AM

News Item!!!

A woman who admitted biting off her boyfriend's testicles has been warned she could be jailed.

Maria Topp, 44, from Wrekenton, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm at Newcastle Crown Court.

She bit Martin Douglas, her partner of five years, during a drunken brawl at his flat in February. She was granted bail to be sentenced next month and Recorder Robin Mairs warned her: "All options are open and that will include locking you up."

Topp, a mother of four with a blonde bob, bit Mr Douglas's testicles off at his flat in Waterloo Street, Newcastle, during the early hours of February 18. She cannot remember biting her partner, but can recall their fight, and the court accepted that violence had been used by both sides.

Caroline Goodwin, defending, told a previous hearing: "The defendant was on her back with the victim straddling her."

Mr Douglas was so traumatised by his injuries that emergency services staff struggled to understand him when he dialled 999. The 45-year-old DJ later required 19 stitches to his wound.

Topp denied grievous bodily harm with intent but admitted the lesser charge on the basis that there was violence used on both sides.

Gavin Doig, prosecuting, said: "This is a plea that has been considered in detail through the course of the day by the officer in the case, the CPS and particularly the injured party Martin Douglas. That is a plea that the prosecution have in the past rejected but today there has been a very important change of that basis.

"The injured party suffered a number of injuries, but particularly a very serious wound to the scrotum. The Crown's contention has always been that was caused by a bite. Until today the defence's contention was that was caused by her hands. The plea is on the basis she did indeed cause that injury with her teeth."

Recorder Mairs bailed her to allow for a probation report to be prepared and she will appear before him again on November 11 for sentence.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Re: News Item!!!

I wondered who might post this one up Uncle Joe
I know it's serious and I shouldn't be amused, but naturally I'm on her side - he shouldn't have left them dangling within reach
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 10:04 AM

Britain's answer to Lorena Bobbit!!!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 10:08 AM

I was reading this last night.... ooch Await to see what happens next
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 10:10 AM

That is all a woman needs to do to stop being raped.
Ouch.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Is'nt it strange sometimes, when the name seems to fit the crime. Bobbit in America and now "Topp it" over here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 12:26 PM

All I can say is "Ouch!"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 01:23 PM

I can't even imagine the pain that poor chap is suffering, I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight, my missus was champion at a snap apple contest last halloween.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I can't even imagine the pain that poor chap is suffering, I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight, my missus was champion at a snap apple contest last halloween.
Oh Jem, you do come out with some 'gems'!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-10-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Jim matey, just hide your OH's dentures at night

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top