Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Michelmas daily thread

Good morning - a dullish, boring-ish morning weather-wise but it's 29th September; my goodness how the year is rushing past. Michelmas used to be a significant day in the country calendar and still has some significance. For instance, our allotment tenancies run from Michelmas to Michelmas and I don't think we're alone in that. Also - you shouldn't pick blackberries beyond today, as folk lore has it that the devil has spat/p*ss*d (take your pick which you prefer) on them.
I'm still sufferering with my sciatica but have a physio appointment for this evening. Ouch - I can anticipate the pain already!
I've to do my reconciliation of the records and cash & cheques from last night's meeting, and get along to the bank to pay it in. Other than that, there's cricket from South Africa and I'm sure plenty happening around the www if time permits.

Have a good day all
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Re: Michelmas daily thread

Im trying hard to do some more packing Im sort of losing inspiration lol Perhaps a muffin will help me!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:35 PM

It's a beautiful sunny and warm day here, this must be our best autumn for years

Good luck with the physio this evening DM.......I don't envy you but I'm sure the result will be pain relieving.

Cassie....packing?? What have I missed?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Oh nothing terribly exciting! My landlord wants to sell this house so i'm moving on.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:43 PM

Best of the best with the house move Cassie - I don't envy you

It's turned into a lovely day here - warm and sunny; we've just had our sandwich sitting in the garden and it's gorgeous.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Oh nothing terribly exciting! My landlord wants to sell this house so i'm moving on.
All the best with your move, Cassie
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 01:52 PM

A good day over in the East [sounds almost 'biblical'] -have done my outside chores so a li'l R&R next
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 01:53 PM

It's like the land of the living dead up here, still got the gales and now we've got the rain.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Its been a lovely sunny day here, walked the dogs this morning and am now at work, its very quiet here at the moment.

I am so glad I don't live in central Scotland at the moment with all the gales!

Good luck with your packing Cassie, and with your physio DM.

Can't wait to get home and have a G&T!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 04:43 PM

Sunny and unseasonably chilly on this side of the Pond today. But no more rain predicted until, of course, the weekend . No news here, all's quiet and peaceful; did a market run and just chilling.

Hope the physio gives you some relief, DM, that thr packing goes well. Cassie, and that the G & T was good, moetsmum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top