Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 10:34 PM

Homes under the hammer.

I've wanted to get this off my chest for a while now. 'Homes under the hammer' is a program the wife never misses if she can help it, but it drives me up the wall. Do the people appearing on the program get paid for this?, I think they must, I mean if you were buying a house would you put up with cameramen and crew following you about the place?. Why is it that when they visit the house for the first time they always slag off the former owners bathroom decor, carpets, wallpaper, and general colour scheme?, it was good enough for them and do they never think that when they leave the next owner won't like their taste?, or is their taste the ultimate in taste?. Another tool-in-trade is the overuse of that terrible saying 'Getting on the property ladder', there are only two things you can do when you step on a ladder, climb up or get off, all most people want is a decent house to live in not become property tycoons. Oh, I nearly forgot, I hate it when they say, "Per calender Month', what other kind of month is there?, oh I know what it means, but why do they have to keep saying it.
Grump over.

(Mods, maybe this should be in the TV section?)
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Re: Homes under the hammer.

This is just another tacky property programme. Last year Martin Roberts, who co-presents, came to Lincoln trying to drum up business for some property scheme he was involved in abroad. Did'nt get many takers I'm glad to say. This is an area with more sharks than there is in the Pacific Ocean.Most auction sales are repossessions that have been seized from some poor sod who could'nt keep up the payments. Like to put Spencer,Allsop,Roberts, et.al up in a hot air balloon and leave them there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 10:53 PM

I have only seen this programme a couple of times, I don't want to see tack empty houses

I prefer 'Escape To The Country' where the nouveau riche have half a million to spend on a barn conversion with room for 10 horses/2 Llamas and a flock of chickens
We can all dream
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Oh yes I am with you there Meg, where do they get the money from, my favourite is Alistair,he is a bit sarcastic sometimes and they dont seem to notice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Oh yes I am with you there Meg, where do they get the money from, my favourite is Alistair,he is a bit sarcastic sometimes and they dont seem to notice.
Annie it never ceases to amaze me where some of these young people aged about 25 have found £500,000 + to spend
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:44 PM

knew there was a reason I gave up the t.v.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 07:47 PM

This is just a little grump about a TV ad. currently running on most channels, the ad is for Volkswagen and its that old Beach Boys song. 'Wouldn't it be nice', the fella singing it drives me mad the way he keeps singing 'Wooden it be nice', sounds like Wood-den it be nice, one would think he was going to a carpenters convention, who the hell is he anyway?.
I was hoping this tune wooden stick in my head, now I cant get it out.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Just for you, Jem

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-11-2011, 08:45 PM

I should have known better, trust Mags to come up with the goods, now I'll never get rid of it.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 01:06 AM

It has always amazed me where they get all their money from. Must have really good jobs, or have inherited it from granny and granddad.

At the moment the bingo bingo advert is driving me mad. OH keeps singing it to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top