Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:27 AM

Favourite things .....

I love getting into a bed with clean sheets, cotton or linen, crisp and cool . I would really like clean sheets every day.

It is even better when the bedroom has been cleaned and the furniture polished so everything gleams and smells fresh, heaven !
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Re: Favourite things .....

The clean bed luxury must be a common one. I have often said that it is a recurrent fantasy of mine that the 'bed fairies' come every day and change the bed and whisk away the used bedding. Even better if the clean linen is line dried on a warm summer day!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Oh! me too, Meg I think holiday hotels have spoilt me, I love the luxury of clean, cool sheets daily. It's a pity we don't have a maid at home to provide the service for us!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 12:51 PM

I always change my sheets on Saturdays. I have an early evening bath with oooodles of potions and lotions and then put on my pyjamas and watch the tv/use pc etc then look forward to bedtime & the lovely feel and smell of the linen.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 04:24 PM

T suspect just about everyone loves the luxury of fresh clean bed linens, especially if they've dried on the line and have that outdoors smell!

Also, the feel of a nice cool shower on a really hot day when you're tired and sweaty ...feels so good!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Same here re: the clean sheets, I also like a really firm pillow, can't stand soft floppy ones, your face sinks in them.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 05:54 PM

I love going for walks on the mountains in the summer - for hours on end! So lucky to live near so many walks managed by the forestry commission

I'd love to move somewhere with squillions of walks and different paths that fork off... but only if they are relatively flat! We have one walk here (Barry Sidings) that is a steep incline for about 3 hours! Makes my knees hurt and isn't good for Rocky either!

Oh and there has to be sunshine too - I love how the heat helps you detoxify, feel so refreshed and alive afterwards

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 07:31 PM

Me too with the walks Azz , though it is down the fields and not on a mountain, you are luck to have the mountains all around you.

I calculated today that I walk 4 miles a day in the fields (2,000 paces = a mile) I am addicted to walking in all weathers but obviously prefer the sunshine .

Clean sheets seems to be a universal delight !
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 07:58 PM

I'd actually love to go up in the mountains in the snow (I'd even put up with the cold).. it's just getting up there that's the problem maybe I need to get a big 4x4
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Clean and tidy bedrooms are a must for me I can't stand things out of place or I can't sleep I could stand an untidy lounge etc but couldn't do with mess in a bedroom... All linen that is dried in a sunny breeze is lovely and I too love moorlands and the wilderness's of Scotland to hear no traffic see no people and just hear the insects and birds is magical to me....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top