Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 12:45 AM

6-Month Assessment

Well, it's six months since I had a stroke - a mini stroke that is - and I had a letter from the Senior Stroke Nurse from our local hospital to say she'd be calling on me this morning, which she did.

She was very thorough and asked if I was depressed, happy, sad etc, which are apparently symptoms after a stroke, and which I did admit to some bouts of it at times, etc, but overall she was pleased with my progress.

Then she took my blood pressure which was 120/80. Fantastic. That's the lowest it's been in three years, when it was first recorded at 186/135 - heart attack country.

For obvious reasons, I have to try to stay as calm and stress free as I can, so I try to avoid those sort of situations, but I was so pleased with the result.

Then about an hour later, the Sister from my surgery rang with my blood results. All is absolutely fine, except that my cholesterol had gone up from 4.1 to 4.9. Not excessive, but now I have to take 40 mg of statins rather than 20 mg. Ah well.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Re: 6-Month Assessment

Well done you, it sounds like you are doing everything right

Being a health care professional we know the dangers, apart from the usual health issues drinking,smoking and a healthy diet,stress is a very significant factor in ill health.

Keep up the good work
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 01:26 AM

well done mollie glad everything went good for you
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Mollie, so pleased to hear your good results!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Thank you for replying.

I was asked if I smoked and I said indeed I do! I was asked if I drank, and I said indeed I do. Wine in moderation, and I am desperately trying to cut down on smoking but, as I have no social life outside the home, this is proving difficult.

I don't have much pleasure in life these days so, having a few glasses of wine and having a smoke is all I have left and I want to enjoy them.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 01:44 AM

I dont blame you mollie every one needs a somthing they enjoy
thats what my mother used to say about her smoking its the only plesure I get
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-10-2011, 01:56 AM

Thanks Pixie and, as daft as it sounds, I do enjoy smoking as it's the only pleasure I get these days. I know it's bad for me. I know it can kill me, but I could also walk across a road and have a bus run over me. Life's a lottery, and I've heard of smokers living into their 90s and, knowing my rotten luck, I'll do the same!
pixie
Canada

21-10-2011, 02:00 AM

well hope you do mollie my mother pased at 73
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 02:02 AM

Mollie,I'm a life long smoker, and was forced to stop in mid-January this year because of worsening COPD. I miss it terribly.........
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Thanks Pixie and, as daft as it sounds, I do enjoy smoking as it's the only pleasure I get these days. I know it's bad for me. I know it can kill me, but I could also walk across a road and have a bus run over me. Life's a lottery, and I've heard of smokers living into their 90s and, knowing my rotten luck, I'll do the same!
Good to hear your news Mollie, and as an ex smoker myself I can relate to your pleasure in a cigarette, particularly after hearing good news....or bad news....or indifferent news....or, indeed no news at all... but a little bit of what you fancy always does you good, and long may you enjoy it..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top