Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 06:45 AM

Particular

I have been fretting about the house all day, painting sample colors on the walls, holding up paint chips next to every surface and object save the dogs...

This color is too taupe, that one too warm, this one too deep...

It's finally down to three samples.

The kids claim the are all the EXACT same color . They are not by any sense of the imagination. (My children are for sale, BTW.)

It was easier to choose someone to marry than this paint.

And when did scrubbable latex paint become SO expensive ?

I am in crisis mode...

Ok, maybe not in crisis mode...exactly....
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:00 AM

Re: Particular

Can I share this with you?It's a scene from Frasier discussing colours.I've just remembered it for some reason.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:59 AM

Choosing a shade of Wall Paint can be an Emulsional Process.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 08:07 AM

I love that you put the kids up for sale

I remember once running out of paint and having to buy another tin....it wasn't till it was up on the wall and I was clearing stuff away I noticed the new tin was a different colour....no-one except me ever noticed

Whichever you choose it will be great
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 08:34 AM

It's not just the colour of the walls - they can change when there are other colours in the room - curtains, blinds, flooring etc. Also colours can change in different lights........... You can make colour palettes or there are some computer generated palettes. You could even add photos of your children to make sure they match!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 05:34 PM

Haha, you all get it!

This is me. Wait for the outcome at 1:56.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:21 PM

I think your kids have a point. The colours might all look different side by side but once the room is painted in one of them, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I think manufacturers gives us far too many to choose from.

(Runs)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:40 PM

I don’t envy your job of picking colours Surfer, whatever you choose there’s alway someone who won’t like it. I always leave that task to the missus, women are far better at colour selecting, much more imaginative. and well able to shoulder the blame afterwards.

Maybe Donavan can help you.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have been fretting about the house all day, painting sample colors on the walls, holding up paint chips next to every surface and object save the dogs...

This color is too taupe, that one too warm, this one too deep...

It's finally down to three samples.

The kids claim the are all the EXACT same color . They are not by any sense of the imagination. (My children are for sale, BTW.)

It was easier to choose someone to marry than this paint.

And when did scrubbable latex paint become SO expensive ?

I am in crisis mode...

Ok, maybe not in crisis mode...exactly....
I'm just glad to be a bloke!!
But, actually, the decor in our house was to our taste when we moved in. Soft and gentle. Except the downstairs loo.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I don’t envy your job of picking colours Surfer, whatever you choose there’s alway someone who won’t like it. I always leave that task to the missus, women are far better at colour selecting, much more imaginative. and well able to shoulder the blame afterwards.

Maybe Donavan can help you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top