Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:06 PM

Zoo Captures

It was a bright sunny day today which is both a blessing and a downfall. If the animals are to far out in the sunshine I won't even photograph them because the high contrast washes out all the detail and color saturation. I was fortunate to catch a few of them in the shade however and I like the results.

Caracal

Leopard

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:08 PM

Re: Zoo Captures

Great pics as always Bob...the detail is stunning....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:10 PM

What a brilliant pic of the leopard....its eyes look so alert

The Caracal is a beautiful cat, stunning face and chunky body...

Thanks for sharing those with us, Bob
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:13 PM

I had no problem capturing the photo of the adult Caracal as he/she was watching the three kittens. Now photographing the kittens chasing themselves all over the environment was another story. They just move too fast.

Getting that close-up of the leopard was dumb luck. She was sitting right in front of the window when I walked up and turned her head for the pose long enough for me to blast off 3-4 frames. Then she was off on her regular pacing routine, across her environment.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:15 PM

They are simply stunning, beautiful pictures.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I had no problem capturing the photo of the adult Caracal as he/she was watching the three kittens. Now photographing the kittens chasing themselves all over the environment was another story. They just move too fast.
Almost impossible with lively kittens I would think!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 10:34 PM

what stunning photos, the detail is just amazing
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 12:58 PM

Stunning shots as usual Bob - I never tire of viewing your photos, thank you for sharing.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2011, 05:01 AM

Those are stunning photographs .I love animal pictures..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top