Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Another miracle Monday

Good morning everyone

Another miracle has happened here today, we did not see or hear one bird on our walk this morning, even the Owls were quiet, only the company of the cows on the way to their field were the creatures of mother nature that were awake.

A quick trip to Aldi, a visit to the Opticians, lunch at some establishment, friends round this afternoon before we can relax this evening are the plans of the day.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget your loved ones need to know it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Re: Another miracle Monday

Good morning AB and all who follow

A bit grey and grim this morning , a taste of the months to come

I am going to make some gingerbread men and fill the house with lovely smells which should make the day more cheerful.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing..
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 09:17 AM

What is going on with the weather just lately.
another nice day today, dry, no breeze, may go out for a long walk later.
Enjoy your day
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Good Morning AB and All Won't come as any surprise when I say it is another very wet and windy morning so far up here!! Horrid weather! Stayed damp all day yesterday but got out with Loki for a few walkies! Not sure about today though.

I have ordered a raincoat for Loki from the pet shop when we went down to the town centre on Saturday. The one they had was too big for her and it was blue!! Ordered a black one for her. The one she has is too small for her since she has put on weight. Had her weighed and she has lost 4 k - now down to 40k, which is quite good!

The birds have stopped singing up here - they are too busy hiding from the rain I think!!

Enjoy your day and take care.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Not too bad a day here so far, fairly breezy with sunny intervals Walked Bonnie on marsh earlier and it was looking very black towards Scotland and think rain is not too far off Fairly quiet day, still catching up on paperwork and then have to take a dog home late afternoon. Have a good day
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->

I have ordered a raincoat for Loki from the pet shop when we went down to the town centre on Saturday. The one they had was too big for her and it was blue!! Ordered a black one for her. The one she has is too small for her since she has put on weight. Had her weighed and she has lost 4 k - now down to 40k, which is quite good!
I think Loki will enjoy her new raincoat
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Good morning all, I agree with you Shirley, the weather is playing tricks on us all, unusually good here for the time of year, there's a bit of a breeze getting up, but it's a nice day.
Back to work again for me, otherwise nothing unusual happening.
Enjoy the day Folks.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 01:13 PM

A very good day to you all from a bright day here in Sherwood. All the Monday chores done and lunch eaten, just time now to relax for an hour and then we are going to attempt to clip Oscar again. He is quite a lively animal so keeping him still is the biggest problem, fingers crossed he will be more co-operative than he was last time...

Have a great day all and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Good morning all. We're in for a fantastic Summer like day today and tomorrow. I don't have any set plans but I need to go and do some grocery shopping as the fridge is empty.

I've found my thread on the worldwide protests interesting along with the one on where we live. This group's replies make for great reading as we all live in such diverse areas of the world. It all boils down to basic needs these days. In a way maybe it's good that people are being forced to live simple family oriented lives again.

I hear you all talk about your trips to see family or them coming to visit you. I hear daily tales of going for walks albeit with your dogs or spouse. Those are all things we can do to stay connected to our loved ones while getting some basic exercise. That's not the norm here.

I really am enjoying my retirement and have no yearning to return to the rat race I was in a little over a year ago. Anyway I'm getting chatty on the good morning thread so I will simply stop to wish you all a wonderful day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Good afternoon all

It was a wet start to the day here in the SW, the temperature has also plummeted...... time to get out the fleeces and jumpers! Still have felt the need to turn the central heating on, though.

Went into town this morning, OH had his 6 monthly check for suspected glaucoma, they took the usual photo of his eyes and said there had been no change from his last visit .... good news!

Bought a couple of albums for my grandchildren to put by for Christmas, a bargain from WH Smiths - buy 1 at £7.99 and get a 2nd one for £1.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top