Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 04:26 PM

Love where you live do you?

I thought this would be a nice thread for all of us to post a few favorite pictures of where we are from. I'll start by posting the Octoberfest that is every year for 3 days. My dad who is 83 helps put up this fruit column each year. This is made with all fruits and vegtables. The panels of art are all beans! Each year the panels change. This takes a week to do and they work from 7am. to 7 pm. This was started in Cannstatt Germany. I hope you enjoy my photos, and I look forward to seeing yours too. I love to see picutures of where others live, as I have not ever been anywhere but the Jersey Shore and Mt. Pocono!

Just starting out...

and of course I have to add our Rocky statue at the Art Museum! There is always a line for pictures there when people come to visit..

also our beautiful boat house row!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Re: Love where you live do you?

Beautiful pics, Marie, the fruit column is amazing and must have taken a lot of patience to do.

The boathouse row looks spectacular all lit up
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Hi Marie the fruit column is a bit like our Well Dressings but with fruit and beans instead of flower petals .

The boat houses look lovely
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Amazing how all that lovely work can be done with fruit and veg. Marie, and boat house row looks terrific the way it's lit up. What's the story with Rocky outside the Art museum?, was Victor Stallone born there?
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 08:31 PM

They are very creative where you live. It's lovely, nice boathouse pics too.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Really beautiful.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 09:00 PM

Amazing what art can be made from! The boathouse pic is really spectacular, thanks for sharing those.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 09:37 PM

Beautiful pictures Marie
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
What's the story with Rocky outside the Art museum?, was Victor Stallone born there?
Rocky was a film made in my city of Philadelphia. It's the something we were so proud of, and still are...! Here is a clip of Rocky who is a fighter in training. He leaves his house and takes a run through some of our landmarks and ends up at our Art Museum steps and runs to the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWFjD_e9OAg

I hope someone else will post some of their photos too..and thank you for your comments. I'm pretty proud of our German Club, named Cannstatters. I have been going with family and friends since I was 8 yrs. old! My daugher is First Princess and will be crowned Ms. German America of Phila. next fall. So, our german heritage is very much alive in our family.

Getting back to Rocky..if you visit our town, most try to run up those steps. Most make it too!

@Meg, do you have any photos of your rose petals that you had mentioned?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Amazing pics Marie, and the boathouse row is spectacular.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top