Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 03:40 AM

The Witcher

Anyone else watching this? It's a bit like a cross between game of thrones and tolkien.

It stars Henry Cavill ex superman. It's all monsters, elves, witches, magic, chaos and destiny. Not everyone's cup of tea but if you like fantasy then it's a real treat.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 03:53 AM

Re: The Witcher

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Anyone else watching this? It's a bit like a cross between game of thrones and tolkien.

It stars Henry Cavill ex superman. It's all monsters, elves, witches, magic, chaos and destiny. Not everyone's cup of tea but if you like fantasy then it's a real treat.
I haven't watched it but this weekend my daughter set up Netflix and Disney Plus on my TV. The Witcher was the first series that showed up (can't remember on witch channel )
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 06:28 AM

Eeek - dross like the game of thrones mentioned in the same sentence as Tolkien?

Wash your mouth out, Annie!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Eeek - dross like the game of thrones mentioned in the same sentence as Tolkien?
Well you just did, so what's your punishment?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Well you just did, so what's your punishment?
Probably being haunted by Gollum ad infinitum!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 07:25 PM

The Witcher is a PC/Console game from some years ago. It's had 3 iterations.

I assume it's on some pay to view streaming service rather than terrestrial TV.

The game is pretty average TBH but has a large following.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:16 PM

The games were based on a series of books written by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The first one appeared in 1993. They're pretty good.

The games are still very popular too, and I reinstalled them on my PC when I heard the TV series was starting. Even the first game, now more than 12 years old, is still great to play. Interesting plots, moral choices to make and resultant consequences later on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 12:27 AM

I looked up the books but it says they are out of print.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 06:37 PM

I noticed that the other day when I fancied reading them again, and over the years I have had to get rid of almost all my books. I went on Amazon to buy them again and as you say they're out of print. I see the Kindle versions are still available so I might have to get them in that format now.

Maybe the TV series will get them reprinted. Fingers crossed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top