Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Breaks and holidays

How many times are you able to go away in a year? I so much enjoy travelling am always thinking of my next adventure, of course it does not always happen, I think anyone that has a holiday home and is able to escape the winter here are really lucky!
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Re: Breaks and holidays

Oh boy, I'd love to get away! But I have SO MANY SCHOOL bills for my 2 children, right now is not possible. We usually go to the beach and stay for a week. Last summer was the first summer we didn't do anything. Things are just too much money and we have lots of bills. I do however, look forward to getting away again sometime..but more, I'd love for it just to be some quiet time spent with my husband with no worries of what my kids are up to. So what we do is get up early on the weekends and sneak some time away by going to a place alone to have breakfast. We are home before our teenage kids are even up! So, I suppose my "holiday home" can be anywhere I can spend alone time with my best friend.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 03:56 PM

I'm the oddball who dislikes travelling; happy to sleep in my own bed at home!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Marie Rachel ->
Oh boy, I'd love to get away! But I have SO MANY SCHOOL bills for my 2 children, right now is not possible. We usually go to the beach and stay for a week. Last summer was the first summer we didn't do anything. Things are just too much money and we have lots of bills. I do however, look forward to getting away again sometime..but more, I'd love for it just to be some quiet time spent with my husband with no worries of what my kids are up to. So what we do is get up early on the weekends and sneak some time away by going to a place alone to have breakfast. We are home before our teenage kids are even up! So, I suppose my "holiday home" can be anywhere I can spend alone time with my best friend.
That just sounds heavenly to me.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Not been anywhere this year. Like to go away with all the family, somewhere sunny.
It is nice to go away with my husband. Just for a few days, without anyone asking you to do this or that for them (kids).
We also sneak of on a Saturday morning, go shopping and have a bit of dinner together. Then back home to whatever is awaiting us.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Regular holidays each year don't bother me. I like little breaks. We live in such a lovely county and it is easy to get away somewhere nice for a couple of days or so, which is enough for me. If I go away (which I rarely do nowadays) I like it to be a big holiday - for a couple of months or more and far away from home. I can't be doing with laying about on a beach relaxing - I need to be going somewhere, exploring and seeing something interesting. Having said that I went up to Scotland this year for a week (interesting, but we didn't go far enough up to the highlands) and I think it would have been better to stay in Cumbria rather than go further up to Ayrshire.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 05:33 PM

We like to get away for a week or two, but work and bills have stopped us going this year,but fingers crossed next year we will be off on our hols

We sneak out on a Saturday as well, shopping and have a dinner its lovely.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Circumstances mean no holidays for me for the time being Have done quite a lot of travelling mainly overseas over the years though and before I moved to Cumbria I always went away in the UK with the dogs which we loved.

The nearest I get to a holiday these days is the odd day out in the Lake District which I am very happy to do. oh and a few days with family in Essex at Christmas
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 10:08 AM

Same as Marian.....circumstances prevent us from taking holidays. Yet there are so many lovely places to visit here, so we take the odd day out now and then.

Have travelled a fair bit in the past so not unhappy about it, and OH doesn't like to fly anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 02:34 PM

No holiday for me this year either.
I usually share a cottage with my son and Daughter In Law but not this year, we had baby Hannah instead
Going away with three babies under the age of two is not easy , another year things will be easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top