Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 08:54 PM

ASDA Customer Services!

I have to say I am really impressed with our local Asda CS.

Bought this festive top on Christmas Eve for £16.

Didn't realize until I brought it home that it was supposed to light up. Then found the battery was missing. Wore it on Boxing Day anyway.

This morning I went up to Asda, with the receipt and the tags, told the young man at the CS counter that the battery was missing. They don't sell replacement batteries. He offered to exchange it for me but they didn't have any more and, as I had worn it, I didn't think that was appropriate. I told him I liked the top and was happy to keep it - but asked if he could refund a bit off the price as it didn't do what it was supposed to do - he refunded me £10!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Re: ASDA Customer Services!

Is it just for home use or would you actually go outside wearing it ???????
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 09:28 PM

Take a good look in the battery section and see if the type is stated; if so I expect most types can be purchased in most battery outlets for a reasonable cost. If you cannot see clearly, I'm sure a battery retailer will advise you if you take the garment with you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Try getting one in your local jewellers Tabs. I used to get my car key batteries there at a fraction of the cost.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 10:15 PM

A couple of years ago I bought two Christmas sweaters from Peacocks and one from Asda - for my son. He refused to even try it on, so I returned it..........to Peacocks, who refunded me the full amount! Excellent service!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Excellent Customer Service there, ST...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have to say I am really impressed with our local Asda CS.

Bought this festive top on Christmas Eve for £16.

Didn't realize until I brought it home that it was supposed to light up. Then found the battery was missing. Wore it on Boxing Day anyway.

This morning I went up to Asda, with the receipt and the tags, told the young man at the CS counter that the battery was missing. They don't sell replacement batteries. He offered to exchange it for me but they didn't have any more and, as I had worn it, I didn't think that was appropriate. I told him I liked the top and was happy to keep it - but asked if he could refund a bit off the price as it didn't do what it was supposed to do - he refunded me £10!!
That is a nice one. Didn't see one of those, but I bought a Coca Cola Christmas jumper in Asda, mine is a man's one. I find ladies aren't long enough for me. Asda are good about returns.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Is it just for home use or would you actually go outside wearing it ???????
Home use only!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-12-2019, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Take a good look in the battery section and see if the type is stated; if so I expect most types can be purchased in most battery outlets for a reasonable cost. If you cannot see clearly, I'm sure a battery retailer will advise you if you take the garment with you.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Try getting one in your local jewellers Tabs. I used to get my car key batteries there at a fraction of the cost.
Will try both of those - thank you!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-12-2019, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Excellent Customer Service there, ST...
It certainly was!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top