Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 01:07 AM

Photographer's Rights In The United States

This topic comes up on a lot of photographic forums regarding the right to take photographs in public. What's legal, and what's not? Here are the legal answers:

http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/know...-photographers
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 12:38 PM

Re: Photographer's Rights In The United States

That's very interesting Bob. I remember a few years back, my Daughter took her two young boys to the local swimming pool, she had her camera with her to take some shots but no camera's were allowed. I can understand their concern to protect the kids from the sicko's, but I think that's going a bit too far. Are they banned in pools over there?.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
That's very interesting Bob. I remember a few years back, my Daughter took her two young boys to the local swimming pool, she had her camera with her to take some shots but no camera's were allowed. I can understand their concern to protect the kids from the sicko's, but I think that's going a bit too far. Are they banned in pools over there?.
No, they're not banned anywhere except on private property such as production plants and Military installations. Even in airports and railway stations it's legal to take pictures.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 04:01 PM

That's very interesting, Bob. I have taken photos at airports and from experience we have been told not to take certain photos abroad in Cyprus and Egypt or where we have crossed barriers into another country.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

11-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's very interesting, Bob. I have taken photos at airports and from experience we have been told not to take certain photos abroad in Cyprus and Egypt or where we have crossed barriers into another country.
I'm referring to American law. We have many personal freedoms others do not.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top