Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Kids eat free - so who pays for their food?

I'm a bit cross everywhere you look kids eat free. Asda feed children free every evening after school. Lots of motorway places are feeding kids free. What I want to know is who pays for the free food?

I also see on television that children can travel free on the Euro Star to Paris so that they can eat free in Disney Land.

Well, I want pensioners to eat free, or soldiers who are on leave from the war to eat free, I won't mind paying for those meals but kids who cause me not to want to go to the restaurants anyway because of their behaviour should not be eating at our expense.

Love and best wishes a really grumpy old girl.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Re: Kids eat free - so who pays for their food?

When we were in Orlando last year, practically every food outlet were offering "kids eat free".
However the children's menu was limited to certain dishes only. If they wanted meals the same as the adults, they were charged for them.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Hello Cate I didn't know kids ate free at Asda. You're going to have to start a campaign then "free food for pensioners" go on I dare you!! btw you are not a grumpy old gal
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 08:00 PM

There is of course no such thing as 'free', the cost of the children's meals will be included in the over all cost of the meals.

I think the whole idea of special meals for children is rather patronising , it assumes that children only wish to eat certain foods which are not on the adults menu.

Even before the current fashion for 'Baby led weaning' my son always had the same food as the adults including curry.
I remember taking him to a hotel for a birthday meal and him being insulted when presented with a children's menu. He handed it back to the waiter without looking at it saying 'I would like the salmon and hollandaise sauce please .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 08:46 PM

And I was wondering why a lot of todays kids are so overweight, now I know.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I remember taking him to a hotel for a birthday meal and him being insulted when presented with a children's menu. He handed it back to the waiter without looking at it saying 'I would like the salmon and hollandaise sauce please .
Haha! Love that!

Around here the only "kids eat free" offers are for ages 10 and under and it's a limited menu for sure.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 02:56 PM

Probably limited to fish fingers or burgers that no self respecting kid would want to eat anyway. Thats another thing that makes me grumpy children being called kids, now that is patronising.

So onward and upward here we go there is a place in Blackpool that does half priced fish and chips for the OAP's but of course I had forgotten that I am one of those people now.

Come on now Marian don't ruin my street cred, I really am a Grumpy old gal.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 08:24 PM

My eye's are getting worse, too long looking through an eyeglass, but when I looked at this thread title again I thought it said, 'Eat the kids free', I'm still laughing, have to go to specsavers in the morning.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
My eye's are getting worse, too long looking through an eyeglass, but when I looked at this thread title again I thought it said, 'Eat the kids free', I'm still laughing, have to go to specsavers in the morning.
you definitely need an appointment, Jem!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

12-10-2011, 12:11 AM

OK I'm not so grumpy now cos that is funny.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top