Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Rocky is Back

I give all the squirrels at my apartment complex the same name, Rocky. I came across this curious fellow yesterday during my short walk in my backyard. They're so tame you can walk up to them without them scattering. He was very interested in my camera.

FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Re: Rocky is Back

No wish, to hijack your thread (brilliant pictures) But you are right. They are total posers..

This one ran literally. to get himself in a good position for a picture
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
No wish, to hijack your thread (brilliant pictures) But you are right. They are total posers..

This one ran literally. to get himself in a good position for a picture
Very cute photo you posted. Thank you for sharing. I love wild animals although I consider somewhere between pets and wild. They actually fight the Mallard ducks here when tenants head out to the beautiful back yard of our apartment complex. I do so love it here.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:12 PM

When the snow is heavy here and food is scarce. I go to the local park with a good supply of peanuts. Obviously, enthusiastically welcomed by all the residents.
Whereas the ducks, geese, crows and pigeons will gobble up everything. The stupid squirrels will daintily take one peanut, run off to consume it, then wonder why there is nothing left, when they come back for another one.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

08-10-2011, 12:15 PM

When you mentioned that squirrel running off with one peanut it reminded me of another occasion and the same scenario.

FridgeMagnet

08-10-2011, 12:19 PM

The funniest thing I ever saw, was a squirrel trying to make off with a whole slice of bread. It was just too big and awkward for him to manage, he kept tripping himself up. But he would not give in.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:32 PM

Lovely pictures chaps I know the greys are classed as vermin but I like to see them around
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:44 PM

Ah squirrels .... I love them ... thanks for the lovely piccies.

I have a few come visit my garden.
My favourite has gone now ... probably to the squirrel nut paradise. He only had one eye and limped into my garden one day with a bloody tail and ran up the big christmas tree and from thereon became my resident squirrel.
He grew fatter and healthier and scurried about. He'd nick my strawberries and roll the big bird fat balls along the lawn with the magpies hopping warily behind.
His tail was always thin and wispy and bent halfcocked and I called him Squiffy... the lovely little fella .. or indeed, fella-ess.
FridgeMagnet

08-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I have been to Scotland several times now. But have still to see a red one.
In my back garden. I have the most vocal one I have ever come across.....anywhere.
The language would turn the air blue!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Don't they sound weird too!

When I heard one of my squirrels I was amazed he could make such a noise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top