Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 07:41 AM

Power dodgy Saturday

Good morning people
Awoke to darkness this morning, no electrics, lucky enough they came back on when we got back from our morning walk but I dont think it will be on long before it goes off again. The electric company have a large transportable generator connected up to the overhead powerlines where the booster transformer is.
Still, the birds seem happy enough and the cows were walking gingerly to their field even though they got milked late. The sky is only just coming light the rain has stopped, the winds have eased and the temperature has managed to stay the same as yesterday.

Plans for today are non-exsistent at the moment so it looks like a lazy day is in store.

Have a great day whatever you do and dont forget to smile and make people wonder what you get up to.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:28 AM

Re: Power dodgy Saturday

Good morning to one and all from a soggy Sherwood, where it's looking distinctly autumnal today...

Off to Derby for lunch with relatives and then relaxing with the papers when we get back..

Have a good day everyone,

Barry
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:33 AM

It seems like everyone lives on my route to Scotland. Lincolnshire, Sherwood, Cumbria. Guess I will be stopping off for more tea breaks in the future.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
It seems like everyone lives on my route to Scotland. Lincolnshire, Sherwood, Cumbria. Guess I will be stopping off for more tea breaks in the future.
Always welcome Mike, always welcome....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:39 AM

Good morning everyone a bit gloomy here, I have put the washing out so hope it dries before any showers arrive.

I have reach the sad conclusion there will be no more runner beans this year, so I am off to take the beanstalks down and to store the canes away for the winter.
Next week the garlic should arrive ready for planting so the never ending cycle of planting and harvest continues .

Have a pleasant day fellow members whatever you decide to do .
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:42 AM

Nothing quite like home grown cherry tomatoes from pot to pan (via tap) in under a minute.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Good morning all. I feel like the prodigal son returning. I tend to get so involved in projects I neglect my friends. I've been involved in over 1900 posts on my new photographic forum. I'm starting to limit the type of threads I dive into. There are so many terrible photographers on that forum I only glance at their pics and move on. I never thought I'd hear myself say I'm sick of sunsets. LOL

We've entered into Winter like weather here without a stop at Autumn. There's snow on Mt Hood and high temps in the 50s F, 10 C. It has started raining two weeks early this year and is quite a mess outside with rain every day. I got out in my back yard during a dry spell for half an hour yesterday just to get a few snaps.

I hope you all gave a great day and better weather than we have in the Pacific Northwest.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Good morning all, it's another nice day today. I'm taking a well deserved rest and will be spending a few hours in the local at lunchtime watching the racing and chatting with the other old lads. The Wife is heading into town to buy two Halloween costumes for the two Grandsons, I was going to suggest something for herself but decided it was too risky and kept my mouth shut..
Have a great weekend Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Hello to you all

It's a strange day here, sunny one minute then cloudy the next, little to no wind this morning but now it's quite blustery ....... the rain has stayed away though!

Haven't done anything exciting today, didn't even get round to defrosting the fridge. Watched the qualifying rounds for tomorrow's F1. Now catching up on posts here!

Have a pleasant weekend all...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 04:09 PM

Hi people! Glorious sunshine, near 11am and 20 C (67 F) with the promise of 26 C later!! This above normal spell will last right thru the long weekend, we deserve it after all the rain and the cold spell. No news, just down for grass, greenhouse to check on plants, and waiting for afternoon grocery delivery. Such an exciting life...

AB, hope your power stays on! Bob, good to see you back, yes our weather is much better! Poor you. LOL, Jem, think that was the right decision.....

Be good to yourself today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top