Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 03:35 PM

choccy cake and rum flavoured cream

Some of you may know UNCLE JOE was over for a visit, you know he loves his foodso he made us a choccy cake with rum flavoured cream, have to say I am never going to lose weight! at this rate. I am sure he will be happy to share his secret receipe!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Re: choccy cake and rum flavoured cream

Sounds yummy Jean. Yes the recipe would be good if Joe doesn't mind.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Lucky Uncle Joe, that sounds lovely, Jean!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Oh, I didn't realize you were the Jean that Uncle Joe had visited!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Yum Uncle Joe would you like to come and stay with me
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 07:37 PM

Well. I have just come back from Sainsbury's with my tea, along with one of my weaknesses. Their Tiramisu. To die for and so reasonable for the family size. Only thing is. I don't have any family living with me. So.....I have to cope with it, all by myself. Life is so hard.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh, I didn't realize you were the Jean that Uncle Joe had visited!
YUP that is me, years ago when yahoo 360 was on the good, I posted about a receipe, so he answered as he knows so much about food
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:56 PM

That cake sounds so yummy.

So where's Uncle Joe with the recipe???

"Ground control to Uncle Joe
The recipe for the choccy cake
We need to know"
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Oooh Uncle Joe the cake gigalo!!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 08:01 AM

Alright folks - I hear your paen!!!

in a bowl: sift 3 Tbls Cocoa powder. Add 2 Tbls hot water and mix to a thick paste. Add 2 Tsp baking powder, 2 eggs. Whip with a fork. Add 4 Oz Self-raising flour, 4 Oz margarine, 4 Oz caster sugar. Stir and mix vigorously until all ingredients thoroughly mixed. Share ingredients between two shallow 7" baking tins greased and lined with grease-proof paper and place in a warm (160oC) oven for approx 30 - 35 mins. Sponge is cooked when its 'springy' to touch and a knife stuck in it comes out clean. When cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 - 30 mins. Turn out of tins onto a baking grill and allow to cool thoroughly.

Whilst sponge is cooking, in a bowl: sift 6 Oz Icing sugar. Add 2 Oz soft margarine. Place 1 Tsp coffee granules in a mug and just enough hot water to dissolve the granules (normally just sufficient to cover the inner surface of the mug). Add to the Icing sugar in the bowl. Add 2 Tsps Rum to the bowl and stir/beat thoroughly into a thick paste.

When sponge is cooled, on one sponge, spoon over 3/4 of the icing and smooth with a palette knife. Place second sponge on top. Use remaining icing over the top of the sponge and again smooth with palette knife. Decorate with 100s & 1000s, and chocolate flakes!!!

Voila - chocolate sponge with coffee and rum butter cream filling!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top