Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 10:48 AM

The Bucket list

Just like the film with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
Have you made, perhaps a subconscious, list of things that you would like to do or achieve, before you pop your clogs?
It's strange how mine all seem to involve Scotland. I want to go across the Forth bridge, on a train. I want to visit Dunnet Head. THE most northerly tip of mainland UK. In fact, I want to visit all of the four most extreme points of the compass, in the UK. I have already done Lizard point (south) in Cornwall, and Lowestoft (east) in Norfolk. That leaves Dunnet Head, and I believe, the Isle of Skye, in the west.

The most bittersweet one that I have achieved already was Loch Ness. It had always been my (ex) wife's ambition to visit the Loch. But she passed away with the big 'C' in 2008 before she got the chance. This was discussed at her bedside during her final weeks. Her explicit instructions, following her cremation were to "Chuck me at Nessie". And so, on what would have been her next birthday, after her passing. We visited the loch, and carried out her wishes. Scattering some of her ashes into the loch. As well as some of the other places she had visited and loved.

So. What is on your list?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Re: The Bucket list

It's strange, my world seems to be shrinking particularly as I have become fearful of driving on long journeys.

The aspirations I once had to see and do many things seem to have faded, now I am content to potter around home with my dog and to watch my grandchildren grow .

So no, I don't have a bucket list, not a very exciting reply I am afraid .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear your good lady passed away Michael. I haven't got a list of places to visit as I'm not very fond of travel, but I promised myself I'd go to Scotland before I kick the bucket, I have a few old friends there and maybe I'll see them and beautiful Scotland next year.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Michael, afraid I'm another of the unexciting ones without a bucket list; don't enjoy traveling and quite comfortable being a stay-at-home type.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Good heavens. What a boring, stay-at-home lot you are!
But it doesn't only involve travelling. It could be anything that you have thought you would like to do or have a go at.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 04:41 PM

LOL, some of us have to keep the home fires burning while you adventurous types are off to Katmandu or where-ever!
FridgeMagnet

06-10-2011, 04:56 PM

OMG! I completely forgot! The (should have been) biggest one of all!
Walking my daughter down the aisle.
The biggest non-event in our family history.
Imagine it. A Scottish castle, on Halloween. Er....I should point out, that my daughter is a bit of a Goth! It cost me a huge chunk of my life savings. And lasted less than a year, before she threw him out. He landed himself a beautiful bride. A free house, in Scotland, that she had inherited with her brother from their mother. His personality changed almost overnight. He turned into a complete Moron. She will be divorcing him asap. And fortunately. Due to Scottish law. Since the house was hers from the outset. He is not entitled to any of it.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 06:56 PM

There were so many things I wanted to do but as I have got older I dont want to be away from home.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 06:58 PM

I haven't even thought of a bucket list ..... I don't FEEL old enough!
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Travel would be on the top of my list as it can easily involve photography which is my other main hobby.

I've not travelled that much as my husband is not a good with flying, so its mainly Europe we have been. I would dearly love to take a year out from work and go travel the world and photograph it too.

One other dream I have is I want to go tornado chasing... ok I need me bumps felt, but the adrenalin rush would be amazing and yes I would take my camera lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top