Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 07:19 AM

Shivering Thursday

Good morning everyone

I can understand why they expect snow in the north of Scotland, it is cold here today, 4 degrees, with rain and gale force winds, hardly a creature is moving, they must all still be tucked up in bed, arrived back from our morning walk shivering so it was a full English breakfast for me and Porridge for she who must be obeyed.

Plans for today, besides trying to stay warm are a quick visit to the shops, and then the rest of the day spent searching the internet for family members.I am now searching for 18 families who are all linked to our family.

Have a great day and remember to smile, you wont be able to when you pop your clogs.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Re: Shivering Thursday

Cold and wet here, leaves falling since last weekend so it is quite slippery, nearly came a cropper yesterday! Autumn has arrived. Have a nice day everyone.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Oh have i noticed the difference in just a couple of days.
It is now chilly in the mornings mind you i was up at 5.15 am but the sun is now coming through and hopefully another dry day
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:23 AM

Morning to all who pass this way..

Just having coffee before taking Oscar through the woods. We're late today as I've been sawing and chopping firewood since first thing as I'm thinking we might need it soon...

Have a good day and enjoy whatever you have planned..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Good morning all
Oh my goodness they say 'what a difference a day makes' and it certainly does with the weather. I have gone from cotton Tee shirt to thick coat in 24 hours.

It is dry and sunny now after a wet and windy night which saw me chasing the dustbin lid across the garden at 2am clad only in my nightie .
The wind is bitterly cold and I may have to think about putting the heating on.

Lots of little jobs to do today, enjoy your day whatever you decide to do
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:14 AM

Good Morning AB and All Made it here this morning!! Have been up most of the night with Loki - she has the skitters, bless her! She is taking some scrambled egg (made in water) with some boiled rice thru' it, so hopefully that will help her. If not, I will call the vet!

It is horrid weather up here - I think Renfrewshire, where I live, must be the wettest in Scotland as we seem to get loads of it, probably due to the surround mountains, although they are in the distance but the rain clouds seem to get stuck here It was so very dark here - up until 10 mins ago - and the rain was coming down in buckets! Sun is back out, so put my lights off! The heating has come on as it is so cold. There was a ground frost about 5 am this morning outside!!

Talking about snow - I have seen it snow here in June, so it wouldn't surprise me if the snow isn't far away!!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today and take care
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Hi Rose poor Loki, I hope her tummy is better soon.
It sounds dreadful where you are, at least we have some sunshine here even if it has turned cold.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Its just one of those days.. OH has to go get his hair cut and I need cake and coffee!! We shall go in force and sniff out some goodies and return with our booty and sit and watch a film together and moan about the windy weather lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 01:21 PM

Good afternoon all, Sunny but cold and windy here today. I'm in from the shed for a bite to eat then it's out again, busy busy busy.
Be careful you don't stumble across any skeletons in closets AB, my Brother started tracing Family history many years ago and he came across a juicy bit of scandal concerning an older Family member when she was a young 'Lady', there were sharp intakes of breath and sighs of "Now who would have thought that of old Auntie Lily".
Enjoy the day Folks.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Just heard that there has been a covering of Snow in parts of SCotland.

Sorry to hear about Loki Rose, hope she gets better soon.

I have been studying the family tree for quite a while now Jemflux and have foiund some surprises, a family of four kids (1800's)with no father alotted to them just their mother who was living with her Father.

Have a good day or what is left of it and stay warm if possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top