Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Comics from Childhood

Which ones did your parents buy for you? Between my brother and I, we had the Beano and the Dandy. I've no clue what my brother got, but we also had Beezer between us as well.

For little me, I had Bunty and Judy, then I progressed to Princess.

Can anyone remember any more comics which I may have forgotten about?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Re: Comics from Childhood

I used to get one called Jackie....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Between my brother and I we had the Dandy, Beano, Film Fun, Eagle and School Friend. I'm sure there were others but I don't recall them at the moment....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 12:01 AM

I remember reading Beano and loving Bunty. Was it Bunty where on the back page you cut out the clothes, or am I thinking of something else?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 12:01 AM

Ah yes, Jackie. That was another one I used to get.

I remember the Eagle, but I think that was one for the boys, but I've never heard of Film Fun.

Come on, be honest, if somebody put one in front of you now, would you read it? I know I would.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-10-2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I remember reading Beano and loving Bunty. Was it Bunty where on the back page you cut out the clothes, or am I thinking of something else?
Yes, I think that was the Bunty. Used to love dressing the paper dolls up in different clothes.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 12:19 AM

When we were kids, (and there were 4 of us) we had the Dandy, Beano, Hotspur, Rover, Adventure and Wizard, we used to swap them, for whatever we could get for them,
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-10-2011, 12:24 AM

Ah those boys ones have come back to me now. I think my brother got the Hotspur as well as the Eagle. Don't remember Adventure, but I do recall the Wizard.

They just aren't the same now though. They used to be made of ordinary paper, but now they're glossy, and Desperate Dan's Aunty Aggie is scrawny looking, whereas she used to be as big as DD himself with the rough jawline and whiskers on her chin! Just loved her!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:19 AM

I used to get Jackie and Judy and my brothers always got Dandy and Beano.
Oh the memories
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:28 AM

I suppose we saw them all over our childhood, but I remember the excitement of waiting for the comic to arrive with the paper...

A couple of comics that haven't been mentioned are the Topper and Beezer, which were a broadsheet format in comparison to most...don't know why I remembered that really...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top