Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Banks again grrr

As some of you know my partner died a few months ago. I had to sort out all his bank accounts etc after his death. For reasons I don't need to go into he was an additional card holder on my credit card account. It worked for us. So I took his card to my local branch of Lloyds TSB and asked them to return it to the relevant department for cancellation and destruction. This they promised to do. However a few weeks ago I received my new credit card which was due for renewal and surprise surprise one for Phil as well. So back to the bank I go and explain that this should have been cancelled back in July. They rung card services for me and said that his card had now been cancelled and they would destroy the card in the branch. Now yesterday I get a letter saying my card has been cancelled ! I tried it in the ATM this morning and it doesn't work. I haven't had cause to use it lately but like to have it for emergencies paticularly as next Monday I fly off to Spain for a week. So this morning I get on the phone to card services explaining their cock up. Luckily they were able to reactivate the card there and then so all ends well but why can they not action something quite straightforward and get it right. They have put £10 in my account as way of an apology which is fair enough but I did get a bit stressed because if a new card had to be issued I doubt I would have got it in time.

Rant over
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 12:32 PM

Re: Banks again grrr

These people just don't think in joined up do they
Glad you got the card sorted and I hope you have a lovely holiday
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 01:26 PM

Aw Val, that's not what you need right now is it. There is so much to do and organise already when you lose a partner

Try not to stress about it, letting them upset you isn't worth it and thankfully it is sorted in time for your visit to Spain xx.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 01:39 PM

That's a fair old rant Val, and well deserved.

The problem is these days, particularly in banking and public services, is that no-one really gives a toss. Too much e-mailing, texting, face-booking and thinking about getting plastered later, takes up all their available brain power. Work these days is just an inconvenience which is fitted in between their social activities.

The days of pride and Empire are gone unfortunately. God help us if there was ever another war....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 02:13 PM

Thanks for your replies guys. The card now works OK which is a relief. I hardly use it but my house is in a remote part of Spain and I have a 2 hour drive from the airport. I'm sure everything will be fine but I like to know I can get my hands on cash if need be and the car hire company like a credit card against the fuel as they supply the car with a full tank and if you bring it back full you get the deposit back.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm pleased you managed to finally get it all sorted out, Val.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Spain.
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 03:48 PM

I cancelled my late husband's name from my Tesco Reward Card and, guess what, today I received a leaflet from them addressed to Mr. C and Mrs.M.......again.
The Dog Lover
Watford

05-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Its mad how difficult it is to get through to these people.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 03:57 PM

But thats exactly it.. they are not people!! Its a computerised gizmo that churns stuff out at a rate of godness knows what. The fact that we occasionally get through to speak to a human doesn't follow that said human has either the capabilities or the inclination to make the computerised gizmo become updated, current or repentant or often all three!!
The Dog Lover
Watford

05-10-2011, 04:07 PM

Also if you get to speak to a human will you be able to understand them

Maybe we won't even go there.....................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top