Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Open Univesity

Is anyone studying with the O.U?

I have been thinking about starting to study again and have been looking through their Prospectus. Not a lot of courses catch my eye so I was wondering if anyone was taking any interesting courses with them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Re: Open Univesity

I hope you find something that will hold your interest AB. I got all I can handle at the moment.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Have you looked at the courses the U3A (University of the third age) have to offer. I am not sure what is available at the moment, but I think it might be worth a look. Rena
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:45 PM

I often wish that I was sixteen again, a time when I knew everything anyway......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 04:41 PM

AB I admire your desire to continue learning but it all sounds like a lot of hard work to me and I don't have enough hours in the day as it is.

I believe many of the courses take years to complete. I would be worried I would be meeting the grim reaper before I had chance to graduate .
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 07:17 AM

Aerolor, I have had a look at U3A and nothing stands out and says study me, the computer courses,like most of the courses that they have are real basic ones.

Meg, I am not wanting another degree just a bit of study to activate the little grey cells.

I was just thinking of the basic upgrading my knowledge. Something like CS PC Repair and Upgrading Diploma with ICS..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Aerolor, I have had a look at U3A and nothing stands out and says study me, the computer courses,like most of the courses that they have are real basic ones.

Meg, I am not wanting another degree just a bit of study to activate the little grey cells.

I was just thinking of the basic upgrading my knowledge. Something like CS PC Repair and Upgrading Diploma with ICS..
That sounds useful AB

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top