Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 05:09 AM

Surf Lake

Hi

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...ompton-3465566

Learn to surf on a lake with artificial swells.

It sounds interesting.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 06:35 AM

Re: Surf Lake

Well, you know I'm in!

Wave height is perfect, right at shoulder height. I wonder why people are in wetsuits. Is it that cold, I wonder?

I have to say though, part of the sport is watching the horizon, getting a feel for the period between the waves, guessing the best one in the set, learning how to time the wave for a perfect takeoff, and being out there with the pelicans and dolphins...

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:47 AM

That’s about an hour’s drive away from me Swimmy, I wouldn’t mind going to see it one day.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Saw it on the news and there was a Swan swimming against the waves!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Looks fun, the wee ones up here get taught on a Saturday Morning by the adult Surfers out in the Bay.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Looks fun, the wee ones up here get taught on a Saturday Morning by the adult Surfers out in the Bay.
That's always the best place to be. Little kid surfers are called "grommets" or "groms". With a low center of gravity and little fear, it's pure fun to watch. When gross catch waves, everyone throws their arms up to cheer.

Even better is that when groms become proficient enough that the older surfers start making them use surf etiquette, the surfers give the little ones good-natured grief for breaking the rules. There is a lot of carrying on about snaking, stealing waves, etc...

There aren't many sports in which people of all ages have about the same level of chance for success. Surfing, by being one that does, enables very diverse groups of people get together for great times. .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Hi

Even you would be wearing a wet suit here most of the time Surfermum.it is cold a lot of the time.

Groms made me smile, best not to mess with groms.

They are Polish, same as your Delta Force and Seal Team Six.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JW_GROM
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

28-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Even you would be wearing a wet suit here most of the time Surfermum.it is cold a lot of the time.

Groms made me smile, best not to mess with groms.

They are Polish, same as your Delta Force and Seal Team Six.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JW_GROM
Oh, you can bet, I'd be in a wetsuit....I would be going full walrus - booties, hood - you name it!

I can't wait to pass that information to the kids around here, SF. They will think it very cool.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top