Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 07:23 AM

Nothing Monday

Good morning all.

It is a typical November morning here, there is a heavy mist and a coldish breeze blowing with the temperature down to 12 degrees. The birds are singing to welcome the day and one Thrush was really giving it a go, I could have stopped and listened to her all day.

Plans for today are a quick visit to the shops, out of Brandy, then lunch at home and the rest of the day is to be spent doing what wars are good for, absolutely nothing.

Eileen, they are only trolley fillers and an onion is an onion to them, they would substitute a bottle of detol with a bottle of sauce, well it is a bottle.

Have a great day and remember to smile at everyone you meet.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 07:47 AM

Re: Nothing Monday

Good morning.
I am a little further north than you. In Scotland, right on the edge of The Trossachs. Though the weather today looks very similar to what you have described.
On the other side of the road here, is a church and church hall. In the garden of the church hall, resides a particularly vocal and rather belligerent Robin, who seems to scold everybody and everything. In fact, I have named him Rab C. Nesbitt, after the TV character.
On Thursday, I have the 400+ mile, 8 hour drive back to London to look forward to.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Hi all
it is still beautiful here in glos today, only going to be 26C
I am back from a weeks holiday which we just had days out. Who would have forecast that we would have a heat wave at the end of september going into october.
I thought i was going to spend the week clearing the garden away for the winter, but never got around to it. so still do do
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Hi every one, you are right about the morning AB, its very Novemberish today. Matches my mood, I am fighting a bout of depression usually brought on by the anniversary of the death of my first husband who died when he was 40 years old from Cancer on the 2nd of November 1974. I will win , I usually do.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Hi every one, you are right about the morning AB, its very Novemberish today. Matches my mood, I am fighting a bout of depression usually brought on by the anniversary of the death of my first husband who died when he was 40 years old from Cancer on the 2nd of November 1974. I will win , I usually do.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down Annie. When I start thinking of dearly departed loved ones I try to imagine all the great times that we had and have a laugh to myself at some of the funnier memories.

Chin up, somewhere someone is worse off so try to look on the bright side of life, as Eric Idle wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiL...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:35 AM

Morning AB and Everyone! Well up here in Renfrewshire it is still raining! Horrid wet and very clammy weekend it was. It is very windy now and hope that takes the clamminess away!

Loki is not enjoying her walks because it is wet! Although it did stop yesterday and we got out a few walks!

Hope everyone enjoys a good day today.

Take care and guid health tae all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:43 AM

Good morning everyone still warm here but the wind has increased and there is more cloud. I am hoping it says fine for tomorrow so we can take the twins for a pick nick .

Lots to do today catching up on cleaning and I want to make some gingerbred men . Have a pleasant day one and all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Good morning all, a lovely sunny day here today after all that rain. The Wife is gone to a wedding all dolled up and wearing what she says is a hat, she is not a hat person at anytime so she looks a bit 'Strange' to me but I kept my mouth firmly shut knowing how sensitive women are about such things, lets face it some hats just don't suit some women do they?, but I'm not going there I'm too fond of life.
Cheer up Annie! Ireland are still in the World cup.
Thats a long drive Michael, safe journey.
Take good care of yourselves Folks
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Good morning all. It's begun raining here and I fear it may be an early start to the rainy season. We have rain in the forecast for the next 4 days straight. That would be a shame is the Fall color change was drowned out.

I guess I'll do something exciting, like laundry.

Have a nice day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:41 PM

A very good day to you all...

Been on puppy training duty this morning, but all I've managed was to let him wee and poo on the hall carpet... Maybe tomorrow will go better......

Out with BH this afternoon choosing bathroom fittings..(yawn). but may find time to relax with a book later on.

Have a great day everyone if you can and hey, let's look out for one another today..

Barry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top