Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Officially Winter Tuesday

Good morning everyone

Yesterday was the first dry day we have experience in September, and today there are signs of a red sky so does that mean the weather is going to be bad? Mother natures creatures are up and about as the Rooks demonstrated with their noise and filling of the sky with their form. Rabbts were present in the field and there were signs of one creature meeting its end either at the hands of an owl or fox, feathers everywhere so it must have been a struggle.

Plans for today are moving a couple of shrubs from the front garden into the back garden and removal of one lot of Sweet peas from the trellis work. Lunch at home and then an afternoon of relaxation.

Oh! yes, it is officially winter, the cotton sheets are being changed today and flannelette sheets replacing them.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget to tell loved ones how you feel about them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Re: Officially Winter Tuesday

Good morning fellow members a beautiful day here in Worcestershire. After an early mist a clear blue sky and slight breeze.

Lots to do as always, have a pleasant day everyone
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Its a beautiful warm day here I think a day in the garden I shall pot the cuttings while I supervise OH doing the heavy work
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Morning all.

We are about to go and see my mother-she has not met Linda yet but will love her. How could anyone not??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Morning all.
We are about to go and see my mother-she has not met Linda yet but will love her. How could anyone not??
Have a good day Stephen I can still remember what it feels like to be in love, you are in a separate world from everyone else .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 11:05 AM

Good morning all, it's a nice Sunny warm day today and the Wife asked me to trim the hedge for the last time this year, it's about 30ft long and every now and then she pops out to make sure I'm doing it straight.
AB, I'm glad you pointed out that October is officially the start of Winter because I always thought it started in November.
Best of luck OG.
Got to get back to the hedge now, enjoy your day Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Hello everyone

It's a bright day and warming up, here in the SW. The forecast is for 25º -27º for the rest of the week so we have decided to make the most of this lovely weather and drive down to Devon coast for the day tomorrow.
We plan to start off about 7.00am so we can have a good few hours there enjoying the sea air.

Lots of little jobs to do today indoors and out!

Enjoy your day all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Morning all.

Hope you and Linda have a good day with your mother, Stephan...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello everyone

It's a bright day and warming up here in the SW. The forecast is for 25º -27º for the rest of the week so we have decided to make the most of this lovely weather and drive down to Devon coast for the day tomorrow.
We plan to start off about 7.00am so we can have a good few hours there enjoying the sea air.

Lots of little jobs to do today indoors and out!

Enjoy your day all!
That sounds lovely Mags it should be nice and quiet enjoy your day .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all, it's a nice Sunny warm day today and the Wife asked me to trim the hedge for the last time this year, it's about 30ft long and every now and then she pops out to make sure I'm doing it straight.
AB, I'm glad you pointed out that October is officially the start of Winter because I always thought it started in November.
Best of luck OG.
Got to get back to the hedge now, enjoy your day Folks.
Oh Jem 30ft rather you than me.
I also thought the equinox was the start of Autumn and November winter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top