Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 12:36 AM

My day out......

Firstly, not sure if I've put this in the right place?

As the weather is on the turn, for the better, we're off to Rhossili Bay tomorrow and I can't wait. First time we went, we walked the length of the beach and it took us around 4 hours in total
Don't think we'll walk that again just yet.

Here is a pic of the bay:-

Ooops, apologies if this is too big Not sure how to make it smaller.

Edit: Phew.....it's ok, it corrected itself
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 02:34 AM

Re: My day out......

That looks beautiful - wherabouts is it Carmen? Anywhere near Ogmore Beach / Merthyr Mawr?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 09:14 AM

Beautiful Carmen not a human in sight.
I love Wales .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 02:14 PM

That's a beautiful beach, Carmen ..... the kind of beach I like, quiet, miles of sand with rolling green hills behind and not forgetting the sheep. Back to nature!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Lovely picture, you cant beat Mother Nature.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 04:55 PM

It is beautiful.. shame its so close to Swansea!!!! I layed on that beach a few years ago at Easter and it was an amazing warm day.. Suddenly a dark eerie shadow approached from behind and as I looked over my shoulder a rather alarmed face hooded by a paragliding set up came down and I moved like a rat up a drainpipe!! The bloke was so embarrased but fortunately unhurt
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Your picture really cheered me up Carmen, as I remember that beach from my childhood when camping in Wales with my parents....I must try and get back there one of these days now that you have reminded me....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 06:46 PM

Used to holiday on the Gower Coast when the children were small and we lived in Gloucester, went in the caravan every Friday night, two dogs two kids one Tortoise and a Canary.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
It is beautiful.. shame its so close to Swansea!!!! I layed on that beach a few years ago at Easter and it was an amazing warm day.. Suddenly a dark eerie shadow approached from behind and as I looked over my shoulder a rather alarmed face hooded by a paragliding set up came down and I moved like a rat up a drainpipe!! The bloke was so embarrased but fortunately unhurt
My goodness Cassie! That must have scared you ...... or maybe you thought it was a giant hawk landing!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 10:41 PM

I'm back and I'm absolutely pooped!!

Had a fabulous day out and despite what I said previously, ended up walking down to the beach....that wasn't so bad, but it was the long haul back up to the top again My thighs are killing me.

Not many people on the beach (probably didn't want the steep climb back up again).

Rhossili Bay is in the Gower Azz

What's wrong with Swansea Cassie? It is in Swansea

Barry: I think you might find that it hasn't changed much being as its owned by National Trust It's beautiful and so tranquil there.

I shall put some pics in my album tomorrow.....much too tired right now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top