Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:03 AM

Are you more like your father or your mother?

What personality traits have been handed down to you by your parents? Which parent are you most like in both looks and/or character?

I am very much like my dad in height, build (and being honest here) being a quiet, thoughtful kind of person.
My mother was more edgy and had some deep-rooted issues, which I won't go into.

However, I am completely different to my sister who takes after my mother's side far more than I do.

Do you wish you could have changed some of the methods you inherited from your parents? Would life have been better do you think?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:05 AM

Re: Are you more like your father or your mother?

Never knew my dad but I'm just about the exact opposite of my mum...so who knows
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:15 AM

I see both in me. In some things I have my father's confidence which has got me through a few situations and given me a lot of practical skills; in other situations I see my mother's traits such as avoiding certain difficult subjects and hiding away at home. My mother was never adventurous but my father was (and still is). It's surprising they have lasted so long together. As for looks, I suppose I look most like my Dad.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:20 AM

I look a bit like my mother but, thank goodness, that is as far as it goes.

I have my Dad's friendly disposition, generosity of spirit and his practicality.

The person I am most like is my Auntie Chriss - she was the srty crafty one in the family and has passed it on to me, along with my love of cooking.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I look a bit like my mother but, thank goodness, that is as far as it goes.

I have my Dad's friendly disposition, generosity of spirit and his practicality.

The person I am most like is my Auntie Chriss - she was the srty crafty one in the family and has passed it on to me, along with my love of cooking.
Did your father and mother also look like cats, Tabby?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Did your father and mother also look like cats, Tabby?
Neither of them did, Floydy. Mother was quite pretty when she was younger but morphed into a someone who looked like a viper that had swallowed a wasp.

Dad - well - think John Thaw look alike - but with the personality of a handsome Labrador puppy!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Neither of them did, Floydy. Mother was quite pretty when she was younger but morphed into a someone who looked like a viper that had swallowed a wasp.

Dad - well - think John Thaw look alike - but with the personality of a handsome Labrador puppy!
That's nice about your dad there, Tabby
Mine looked very much like Desmond Llewellyn, the actor who played Q in the earlier James Bond films. Every time I see him on screen I remember my dad.
My mother looked like one of those wartime sweethearts you see on every paperback waving goodbye to her bloke in uniform as he leaves the station on a train
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:37 AM

I look more like my mother than my father and thankfully my personality is nothing like either of them. They are both very selfish, narcissistic people who don’t share anything whereas I am generous to a fault. I made sure I never picked up their mindset of greed.

I did follow along with my dads love of music. He was a pianist and a good singer. Neither one was artistic so I’m not sure where my creative flair came from.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:38 AM

I look in the mirror, my father and my paternal grandfather look back. I think I've inherited my sense of fun and easy going ways from them. My creative side from my mum.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:52 AM

I never knew my father or my mother .....

My mother was an Irish girl who conceived me out of wedlock.

At that time, there were special maternity hospitals for "bad girls", so, when birth was imminent, she was taken there to bear me then she was "taken away", leaving me to be either adopted or "orphaned".

Luckily, at 10 days old, I was adopted.

Surprisingly, I grew up to look like my adoptive parents and also the natural child (my sister) whom they had later.

My adoptive parents were not well-educated, particularly my adoptive mother, but I had inherited above-average intelligence from either my real mother or my real father (or both) and I "sailed" through school until I discovered sex, drugs and rock'n'roll .....

I also discovered that I had a predilection for Guinness, the vast consumption of which caused symptoms of my underlying haemochromatosis, the "Celtic Curse", to be generated - "the sins of the father are visited upon the child", perhaps .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top