Join for free
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Busy Saturday??

Nobody has posted yet? Is everyone busy today?

It's a grey day here and very still at 15°C......washing is out, although might not dry due to no breeze.

Hope everyone has a good day, whatever you're doing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Re: Busy Saturday??

Morning all busy here too ...
Went to the farm shop to buy meat for a family lunch tomorrow and got stuck in the traffic heading for the Autumn Garden Show in Malvern. The weather promises to be lovely later so I guess they may have a good attendance.

I need to mow the lawns and do some preparation for tomorrows lunch so so plenty to do as always .

Have a pleasant day whatever you decide to do
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Good morning Berxer & Meg. Gues you are the early birds this morning. It's 3 a.m. in the morning where I live. In retirement all days are alike but by following this thread each morning you keep the days straight for me.

I have nothing planned for today. I'll check the weather forecast and determine if I want to get out and about for a bit while the weather remains so beautiful. We're back into the 80s F , 26C these days which is absolutely perfect. I still run a bit of air conditioning at around 4 p.m. in the afternoon because my apartment is on the second floor and there are no windows for cross-ventilation.

Have a fun day all and stay safe.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Late again today as I've been helping a friend again to build his conservatory. He picked it up on ebay for 99pence, with the delivery costing fifty times more than that, but still a great bargain...

Nothing planned for the rest of the day other than relaxing in the autumn sunshine with the papers and a book.

Have a great day yourselves,

Barry
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Hello
It's a lovely day here, so tidying the garden had been a pleasure rather than a chore.
I guess my absence for a week or so has illustrated that I find it difficult making time to keep up with the forum
I'd like to participate more
Anyway - just to say it's lovely to drop in now and again and try to keep up. I'll continue to do that.
Take care all xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Hello folks

It's been a lovely sunny morning so we decided to go to an out of town Garden Centre .... the traffic on the road was heaving, all taking advantage of the lovely weather I expect. The GC has already decorated a huge area with floor to ceiling C*******s trees dripping with very pretty ornaments of all colours. Everything C*********y you could think of was on display ...... it did look very pretty but ........ way too early I think

Came away with a few plants which will fill my winter baskets.

Enjoy your day!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Good afternoon all, it's a beautiful day here so far, the leaves are gently falling from the birch trees on the street and there is a clean fresh taste to the Autumn air. I enjoyed the Country wake, far better than weddings are wakes, no long boring speeches, you don't need an invite and you can leave without making excuses anytime you like, as long as the deceased is not a close relative to keep you in tears, you can sing drink and dance to your hearts content, I could keep you here all day telling you about some of the characters I met and the stories they told me, another time perhaps. I had to return to the City today to pick up my two Grandsons, they look forward to spending the weekend here with me and their friends on our street, I'm inclined to be more liberal with them than the Wife who returns tomorrow and no doubt will lay down the law
Glad the falling satellite missed you all, take care Folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Glad the falling satellite missed you all, take care Folks
Ooh.. I forgot all about the falling satellite, Jem!
All's well here though!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 04:03 PM

Still gloomy and cooler than normal on the first full day of Autumn: it's nearing 10:45 and only 20 C (68 F); but at least the rain seems to be over for a bit; we have had more than 8" so for this month. Flooding in the usual lowlying areas..... All well at my Drs appointment yesterday, and I've put on 4 pounds, woo hoo!! Awaiting my grocery delivery.

Hi, DM, I was just contemplating a thread about missing members ...you and Nero, among others, and here you are! Jem, nothing like a good Irish wake, is there?

I'd forgotten about the falling satellite bits, as of the late news last evening it hadn't fallen yet ..... I guess I'm safe now

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top