Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 07:28 AM

More Labour folly's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15010279

Once again we see the destruction that labour has done to this country. How can anyone ever vote labour again unless they are morons like the Labour party MP's.

Any idea what will be the next item to raise it's head shouting for help from Labour's self destructive actions.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Re: More Labour folly's

I was listening to a discussion about this on the Today programme, seems like the initial contracts were not a well thought out deal and we will pay highly for having hospitals which were built with speed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Labour's legacy from their time in government will be this country's economic nightmare for decades to come. They turned financial ineptitude into an art form, but all seemed to do pretty well personally....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 09:45 AM

I would never ever trust a Labour government. I have never voted for them and never would. They are seriously bad for this country and subsequent Tory governments have always had to pick up the pieces which is what the coalition are facing now.
Johnny
London
Johnny is male  Johnny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 09:32 AM

I would never trust a (new) Labour or a Conservative government. There's never been very much difference between the two, policy wise.

All New Labour did was lead us further down the path that Thatcher sent this country on over 30 years ago. The whole of the so-called 'free' world, and a lot more besides, are rolling down that path, and it's a one-way ticket to oblivion.

In a nutshell, selling off national assets for short term gain and entrusting their wellbeing to a motley crew of blinkered growth(alias greed)-obsessed moneylenders and shareholders is proving to be a recipe for disaster.

Every single economist and politician on the soapbox talks about the need for 'growth' (alias greed). Every time I hear it, it makes me cringe. Growth only matters if you are greedy enough to want more next year than this. I'd say survival is far more important than blindly chasing something that is physically unsustainable.

I'd give it another 12 months before this whole tissue of smoke and mirrors comes crashing down. Just look at the money markets today.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Personally I detest both Labour and the Tories but fairs fair ....that artical says it was started by the Tories.
"PFI is a way of funding building projects using private money. It was originally introduced by the Tories under John Major, but the use of the scheme was largely expanded into the NHS by Labour." end quote.

It doesn't matter who is in Government, the others will always pick and hassle. They must be mad to want that type of job.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top