Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Diem Horribilis !

Totally lost the plot today!

Set off to go for my 11:00am pre-diabetes assessment. Reach the bus stop at the end of the lane. Bus arrives – I leap on – realise this is the bus to town – leap off again at next stop.

Walk through to New Earswick – catch correct bus to Haxby. Only when we reach Haxby does it dawn on me - the 11:00am appointment is for tomorrow – with my own GP. Today’s appointment is for 13:00!!

Go to Costa for tea, toast with honey, and a rethink. Not much point in going home again. Not a lot to do in Haxby. Did some shopping – rummaged in the Charity Shops – nothing took my fancy - decided to go for an early lunch. A pub named the Black Horse had been recommended. Walked three times round Haxby before remembering the Black Horse is in the next village – Wiggington – about a quarter mile away. Found Black Horse – closed until 12:00noon – that would not leave me much time to eat and keep my appointment.

Walked back to Haxby – went into a pub named The Cottage and ordered a Ploughman’s lunch. It arrived on a plank of wood - and any self respecting ploughman would have fainted on the spot! A bowl with about 8 soggy chips, a small ciabatta bread roll which contained some very liquid coleslaw, a slice of rather nice ham, Branston pickle and the kind of pre-grated tasteless processed cheese that you see in supermarkets. Oh – and a sprig of rosemary. All for a tenner – lucky me!.

Went to Health Centre – was corralled in a hot airless waiting room and subjected to the mindless drivel that is Radio YO1.
Half an hour passed – couldn’t take any more. Went back to reception and asked how much longer I had to wait. Receptionist checked her computer – apologized – and said the assessment appointments had all been moved to their other surgery … in Huntington – where I live!! Asked had I not received their letter – would I have been there if I had?? I asked her to telephone through to the Huntington surgery to remake my appointment – she did – they couldn’t – I have to be referred again by my GP.

Came home less than happy – met Postie delivering letters – and – Yes – there was the letter from ‘Healthier You’ notifying me of the change of venue. Far too late to have been of any use. AAargh !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Re: Diem Horribilis !

Oh my goodness you ve had a horrendous day but it sounds very eventful.

Keep smiling, you got through it without killing someone, that's to be applauded with the time you.ve had of it today.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh my goodness you ve had a horrendous day but it sounds very eventful.

Keep smiling, you got through it without killing someone, that's to be applauded with the time you.ve had of it today.
Thanks, Queenie - had a cup of tea and cuddled a cat - felt much better!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

And I'm giving mine to you, Tabby.
What a day you've had.

Cheer up gal, you're home now.
Go and sit yourself down and I'll make you a nice cuppa.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

ST how frustrating , life does seem difficult nowadays . Feel for you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Oh ST what a day I feel exhausted just reading it.

Had my own mini horribilis , I weighed and prepped the ingredients to make cheese scones and went to the fringe for yogurt (and milk) which I use to make them only to find it wasn't there ...
I checked my receipt from last week and confirmed yogurt was purchased.
The light dawned , I checked the car and festering in my shopping bag among the bags for life was the yogurt purchased last week
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

And I'm giving mine to you, Tabby.
What a day you've had.

Cheer up gal, you're home now.
Go and sit yourself down and I'll make you a nice cuppa.
Never been known to refuse a cup tea, Mups, thank you for the hug as well!

Originally Posted by susan m ->
ST how frustrating , life does seem difficult nowadays . Feel for you
You have to laugh though, don't you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 07:18 PM

What a day you've had Tabby

I think I would have given up!

Never mind, a cup of tea works wonders!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Poor you Tabs what a dreadful day .
I would have been alternately weeping or turning the air blue !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 07:43 PM

Oh goodness, poor ST. And Meg too, with the yogurt. Argh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top