Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 07:14 PM

moving house

I have been moving house and it has taken me nearly a month to get over the trauma of it all. Hopefully I will never move again except going out feet first. Oh it was awful really stressful, but Im sorted now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Re: moving house

I agree, one of the most stressful things that happen; I moved once in '65, and this July into the retirement complex, and hope this will be the last ever!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 07:34 PM

It is very stressful Poppycock, I only had to do it once and it took me a long time to settle, even if it was still in the same City. Take it easy, and I wish you the best of luck in your new place.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 11:10 PM

I actually like moving house and find it very exciting.

I start packing weeks before the move and everything is labed and colour coded ..

Suzanna I hope you will be very happy in your new home..
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 11:30 PM

I hope you are settled and very happy in your new home poppycock. It is stressful and there is so much to do and organise.

We once moved three times in the space of a year... long story i wont bore you with.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 11:37 PM

People who do this frequently just awe me. Pulling up roots..... hurts! And, if you're a pack rat, the triage process is awful.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I actually like moving house and find it very exciting.

I start packing weeks before the move and everything is labed and colour coded ..

Suzanna I hope you will be very happy in your new home..
I second the best wishes for the move!

Meg - are your services for hire and will you come to Canada?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I second the best wishes for the move!

Meg - are your services for hire and will you come to Canada?
...oooh yes please Annie

At the last count I had lived in 23 different houses, I think this may be the final home
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 09:58 PM

Hope you will be very happy in your new home Poppycock...

Last time I moved home was about 20 years ago, and decided then that I would never move again. Loathed every minute of it....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

15-09-2011, 10:19 PM

I hope you never have to, merz. That's what I said 47 years ago; but the house and garden were simply too much for me to cope with any more; had to move to the retirement complex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top